• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[video] "Advanced" Fingertricks (Cross, F2L, OLL/PLL)

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Speedsolving.com'ers,

After receiving many requests about the random fingertricks I do I decided to make a video on all of the universally useful ones. Let me know what you guys think. I didn't do any move cancelations stuff such as WV or VH or COLL/ OLLCP seeing as how those are more algs/ different last layer methods than fingertricks. I should also state that this video is for more advanced cubers and I pretty much expect you to be able to solve with some confidence before you try to use these fingertricks. Hope you guys like it:

P.S. Again, I would like to state that this is just SOME of my fingertricks; I use many more but the rest of them are really situational and not as useful in every single solve. IF you would like to see the rest please let me know.

Here are soem time links so you can navigate easier:
Cross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fDk8IOE_SRI#t=62s
F2l: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fDk8IOE_SRI#t=605s
OLL/PLL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fDk8IOE_SRI#t=1251s

Sorry about the focusing/ brightness issues, my camera was being weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkwell

jskyler91, your vid was cool but.........It needs a little work. Even when I was still in ZZ I loved the detail of Teller & Breandon's vids(Switched me back to CFOP). They make their vids accessible to everyone at every level. I know your an advanced cuber but it would have been better if you slowed down and had illustrations of the algs you're doing. Your instructional kind of reminded me of my jazz teacher, he's so knowlegeable he goes too fast thinking we can all keep up. And dude, find one good cube with complete stickers. Not hating on you, I know you want to help:)

Last edited:

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
jskyler91, your vid was cool but.........It needs a little work. Even when I was still in ZZ I loved the detail of Teller & Breandon's vids(Switched me back to CFOP). They make their vids accessible to everyone at every level. I know your an advanced cuber but it would have been better if you slowed down and had illustrations of the algs you're doing. Your instructional kind of reminded me of my jazz teacher, he's so knowlegeable he goes too fast thinking we can all keep up. And dude, find one good cube with complete stickers. Not hating on you, I know you want to help:)

Comments noted. I think I do this for most videos, however this video was distinctly labeled as "Advanced" which meant that I expected you to know quite a bit about cubing before you watched this video. Most of these fingertricks are also NOT for beginners because if they are used wrong or too often then can actually slow you down. I appreciate what your saying though, I will always keep it in mind for future videos. Thanks

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, I use that as well most of the time, but I was just demonstrating the fingertrick here.

Great video! I like r' U r U' r' U' r. I much prefer it and will probably use that trick from now on. Before this, I had only seen [U'] r' U' R U M' which I wasn't very fond of though its advantage is no regrip at the beginning.

Edit: Oh yeah, and what's with the wacky woozy camera view?

Last edited:

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Great video! I like r' U r U' r' U' r. I much prefer it and will probably use that trick from now on. Before this, I had only seen [U'] r' U' R U M' which I wasn't very fond of though its advantage is no regrip at the beginning.

Edit: Oh yeah, and what's with the wacky woozy camera view?

Thanks, I prefer to regrip as little as possible lol and sorry about the camera, it just sucks lol.

nqwe

Sorry if this has been asked many times, but what cube are you using?