• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Idea for corner permutation parity before 2gll (help!)

A Leman

Can someone please help me find a move optimal or speed optimal way to solve the following cases? Ok, so if I have pre-oriented edges and a 2x2x3 block on the left side and my corners are not correctly permuted. How would you fix the corner permutation parity while preserving the block and EO (the edge permutation, corner permutation and corner orientation does not matter) for the following cases.

1. adjacent on top
2. Opposite on top
3. adjacent on top and adjacent in the bottom
4. Opposite on top and adjacent in the bottom

For example I managed to get #1 to work by using F'U'FRBU'B', but I am still very confused by the last 2. I guess a computer could generate some algorithms, but I don't know how.

This would reduce a ZZ type solve into the 2gen state and allow for a smoother transition from f2l to 2gll than CPLS, and may be faster. With a good recognition system, this could be helpful for ZZ or Petrus (you may be able do EO and corner parity in the same step?), and OH since 2gll would be fast for the last layer.

Thank you for the help and tell me what you think about the method idea.

Also, this is my first thread so if it is in the wrong place, please let me know and i will fix it.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've tried all sorts of ways to permute corners during Petrus, but it just comes down to the fact that recognition at any point before LS is pretty terrible, and if you do it while edges are oriented you might as well just do a Niklas once you get to the last layer, since there really won't be anything less than seven moves after EO. I would say that CPLS is the way to go, unless you want to permute corners during EO, which is unfeasible during a speedsolve. The problem is that unless CP is combined with something else, you might as well use OLL PLL.

Last edited:

A Leman

I've tried all sorts of ways to permute corners during Petrus, but it just comes down to the fact that recognition at any point before LS is pretty terrible, and if you do it while edges are oriented you might as well just do a Niklas once you get to the last layer, since there really won't be anything less than seven moves after EO. I would say that CPLS is the way to go, unless you want to permute corners during EO, which is unfeasible during a speedsolve. The problem is that unless CP is combined with something else, you might as well use OLL PLL.
I agree, I just wondered how others have approached it.
Yeah, CPF2L hasn't really worked out yet for anyone. Good luck!
I realize cpf2l is basicly a failure(except maybe CPLS), but I learned most of 2gll to increase the chances of a 1lll and still want to find a better way to force 2gll in a speedsolve. Although I would still be faster at CFOP, It never hurts to learn new methods.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree, I just wondered how others have approached it.

I realize cpf2l is basicly a failure(except maybe CPLS), but I learned most of 2gll to increase the chances of a 1lll and still want to find a better way to force 2gll in a speedsolve. Although I would still be faster at CFOP, It never hurts to learn new methods.

Unless your goal is to get faster.