• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Error Messages on the Forums

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Is this issue still happening? I'm pretty sure this issue was related to the database issues.

I'm looking at the case Dene gave, and it appears to be fixed. Kirkpro's issue seemed to be fixed as well.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My browser clears all cache and history whenever I close it. But that problem actually seems to be solved now. Instead I have a new problem. I can't be bothered to take screenshots again so I'll just describe it. Basically, for the Speedcubing in Melbourne thread it currently says "Zane 1 hour ago" for the last post when viewed from the Speedcubing Discussion page, however when I go into the thread it shows the last post from unzuki 2 hours ago. (As I post this it just changed to "aronpm 1 minute ago" from the Speedcubing Discussion page, but when I go into the thread it still shows the last post from unzuki).

EDIT: Ok apparently the original problem is still occurring; it just did it when I went into the Puzzle Theory subforum.

Last edited:

aronpm

(As I post this it just changed to "aronpm 1 minute ago" from the Speedcubing Discussion page, but when I go into the thread it still shows the last post from unzuki).
You might be pleased to know that I too have this bug and that I posted something random in the hopes that it would fix this error, following the advice of masterofthebass

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
My browser clears all cache and history whenever I close it. But that problem actually seems to be solved now. Instead I have a new problem. I can't be bothered to take screenshots again so I'll just describe it. Basically, for the Speedcubing in Melbourne thread it currently says "Zane 1 hour ago" for the last post when viewed from the Speedcubing Discussion page, however when I go into the thread it shows the last post from unzuki 2 hours ago. (As I post this it just changed to "aronpm 1 minute ago" from the Speedcubing Discussion page, but when I go into the thread it still shows the last post from unzuki).

EDIT: Ok apparently the original problem is still occurring; it just did it when I went into the Puzzle Theory subforum.
I'm not sure exactly what is behind this issue. For the Puzzle Theory, it showed 2 days ago on the forum home, but 5 days ago in the show forum. I just posted a test message, which updated the forum home and the show forum pages accurately, and then I deleted the thread, and it sync'ed the dates for forum home/show forum pages. I suspect these were issues from before that will be fixed over time as threads get updated.

As for the Speedcubing in Melbourne, I just checked it and it says someone posted 7 hours ago, and I go into the thread and they did indeed post 7 hours ago. Is the issue you described still happening as of now? Keep me updated, as I am trying to reproduce this error you're getting.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just went into a whole lot of threads and wasn't able to get the same issue to occur again. Perhaps it fixed itself last night when TimMc posted >.<

Thanks for sorting it all out though. You're a legend Pat :tu