• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Glorious North 2015 (1-2 August, Manchester, England)

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I keep forgetting to ask, but can one of the organisers/ delegates remove me from the list of Square-1 competitors? I'm really not feeling confident/ able enough to compete. Thanks.

---

Okay, so some goals:
  • 3x3: Actually get sub-50 this time, preferably a ~45 sec avg, and not completely mess up on various solves, like I did last comp.
  • 4x4 and Skewb: Not come last?
  • Megaminx: Try not to humilliate myself too much by how awful I am, maybe not come last (will definitely fail this one lol)
  • 2x2 and Pyraminx: Break pbs? Don't care much tbh.
  • Restroom: Break pb for actually finding where it is
  • Spaghetti: Not a single noodle spilled
  • Hat: On head when I need it.

That should be all.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very bad day. 4x4 second round was awful; I didn't even get through to the finals. 1 point in 47 minutes in Multi. I averaged well below the feet cutoff but... apparently ShengShou cubes corner twist. I'm 99% sure it wasn't me but there's not much I could do about that.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better with most of my main events.

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
For some reason I perform amazingly in competition. It's ridiculous how fast my solves get, idek how.

4x4 - I had only just gotten a sub-50 average of 5 at home. It took months to get but I finally got it. In comp, I got a 49.16 average and a 45.08 single.
5x5 - I had only just gotten a sub-1:40 ao5 and a sub-1:30 single at home. In comp, 1:37.93 ao5 (pb is 1:37.52) and a ridiculous 1:22.73 single (overall pb)

Very very good day, I am over the moon with my results (even if I did DNF MBLD :( )

Hope everyone had fun, can't wait for tomorrow :D