• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which timer do you use for your iPhone?

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can't remember the one I used to use... it was black with little white hand outlines... was very good, but I later purged my ipod and have since ended up just using....

iiTimer.

mrpotatoman14

Gee, thanks all for the huge support. If CubeTimer were quite buggy, give it a try again; hopefully all the issues have been fixed, and there are a few new features you may like. Also, UI wise - if you like the plain black and white of iiTimer, you can set the background colour and buttons to black in the in-app settings - the end result is quite close. Plus, CubeTimer has a fair few extra features over and above iiTimer. If I may ask without seeming rude, what attracted you (initial poster) to iiTimer over CubeTimer? Sorry, Mr. Cohen, just trying to make a great app - competition is healthy.
Well a lot of people haven't looked for a cube timer app for a while. Cubetimer has been out since October. iitimer has been out since 2010 if I'm correct. As new cubers join the community you'll probably see more sales. But for the most part people on the forum looked for timer apps before yours was even out.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No harm, no foul. I just made iiTimer originally for myself because there wasn't an app on the iPad that worked the way I'd want to use it. Each person has their own preference, and I'm sure there plenty of better ideas that could be implemented into an iOS timer that another developer could put out there.

Personally, I believe the only reason that everyone uses iiTimer, is because Dan made it. I bet if I made the same timer (not saying I could), no one would buy it. Don't take it personally Dan, I'm just sayng...

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my iPod Touch last week and bought iiTimer immediately, although I also was thinking of Tristan Wright's FiveTimer too, because I wanted to support him as well, but I ended up going with iiTimer because there were more scramblers. I really like iiTimer except for the fact that you can't view the session times while you're on the timer, and you have to go to a different page for that; or, at least, I haven't figured out a way to view them on the same page as the timer. Anyway, it does what I want it to do, and that's really all I need.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my iPod Touch last week and bought iiTimer immediately, although I also was thinking of Tristan Wright's FiveTimer too, because I wanted to support him as well, but I ended up going with iiTimer because there were more scramblers. I really like iiTimer except for the fact that you can't view the session times while you're on the timer, and you have to go to a different page for that; or, at least, I haven't figured out a way to view them on the same page as the timer. Anyway, it does what I want it to do, and that's really all I need.

The problem with that is that the iphone's screen is very small. Thats why I chose to display the smaller amount of information at any given time, and if you want to see more, you can.

4EverCuber

WCA
2012WATA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gee, thanks all for the huge support. If CubeTimer were quite buggy, give it a try again; hopefully all the issues have been fixed, and there are a few new features you may like. Also, UI wise - if you like the plain black and white of iiTimer, you can set the background colour and buttons to black in the in-app settings - the end result is quite close. Plus, CubeTimer has a fair few extra features over and above iiTimer. If I may ask without seeming rude, what attracted you (initial poster) to iiTimer over CubeTimer? Sorry, Mr. Cohen, just trying to make a great app - competition is healthy.

I just want to say that my hat goes off to you (and all other programmers) for being able to put together these wonderful apps. I can't imagine the amount of work that you guys have to put in to it.

I have since updated your app and notice that the issues that was once plaguing the app has been rectified. But to answer your question I would have to say that I prefer the large numbers and minimalistic view of the UI for iiTimer. It does what I need it to do and it's easy to use. Your app has many features and I'm sure that many people like that, but personally I use only a few.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way and apologize if I did. You have done a great job with your app but it's just my personal preference to use iiTimer.

IngeneroiOS

YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't mean to offend you in any way and apologize if I did. You have done a great job with your app but it's just my personal preference to use iiTimer.

I'm in no way offended - although I can see how what I wrote might be interpreted that way. I was just genuinely curious as to what it was that made you switch. iiTimer is certainly a capable app (I've bought both it and FiveTimer, amongst others, to see how we can improve CubeTimer) and you've done the best possible thing - tried both, and made an informed decision based on personal preference. We want to make the best app we can, which means we're continuously seeking to improve it. And, as for any developer, customer satisfaction is high on the priority list.