• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bapao's cube givaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Isn't it awesome that someone's Dream of cubing can live on or simply start just with the gift of a cube from a random person? I love doing the same thing. Every new cube I gotten since 2 weeks ago, I always give another older cube of mine to someone around me. I gave my Alpha V to this girl in class after recieving my stickered zhanchi, gave my first cube to my best friend after getting my new zhanchi silk, and gave this random dude my stickerless zhanchi after receiving a new one from my best friend. All three of them use the cubes everyday since I gave them it.

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally done
First of all, sorry this took so long, I have had a lot more to do than I first expected, both with school and other stuff.
This time around, there's no talking, and I don't display the creation process, although you'll get an insight from the spoiler below. But please watch the video first.
To do this, I had to actually solve all the 289 cubes (not the solid colored ones, of course) I did all the cubes from a completely solved state, except maybe a few, to make it as authentic as possible. I you look closely, you might find some mistakes, but I worked hard to make it authentic.
I then made individual pictures for all sides in the same way as the original picture, and I then applied the textures to the 3D animation. Doing it this way took a lot less computing power, as there is only one giant cube with six textures, plus one for the black plastic.
The Picasa gallery is now updated with the rest of the sides, and two cool pictures that I stumpled upon during the creation :)

Answer to samkli:
Here is my entry, I hope you will like it. :)
I don't know if I get it, but I like it :) Nicetouch with the music too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windsor

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's a video I made. Bapao I hope you like my weird sense of humor. It's on my Facebook page so just click the link.[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=371896056186592[/video]

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for making you wait. I had my son over for a week and I generally put all else aside when he's here. I'll catch up on all of the new posts straight away and will try to post the winner this evening.

Thank you all for your patience.

@Sam

Nice :) I like your vids and this one has the typical slap-stick vibe to it. Very nice indeed.

@BOS

Excellent. I wasn't expecting any less. The effort put into that post is impressive. Plus the post that you already submitted counts on top of that one. Double the chances.

@Windsor

Do I need a Facebook account to view it? I clicked on the link but can't figure out how to start the vid :(

EDIT
Without having seen Windsors post, I've boiled it down to the following contenders:

Windsor. For all of his posts thus far. He also tried to help KJ out several pages back which was really thoughtful. Plus the fact that I think he's a really nice person in general based on his posts in this thread (I don't know him otherwise).

BlueD. I really liked his comic.

Sam. Nice, laid back eye-candy (and I'm not talking about your female co-star before any wrong ideas emerge).

BOS. Lots of technically impressive work. Plus I got a nice avatar as a byproduct.

So yeah...hardest decision thus far. May the most Bapao-friendly post win. I'll be back in a bit. Need to ponder some more and will try to get Windsors vid up and running as it might sway my final decision.

Last edited:

CRO

Not even close :p

Oh, well, at least I made the official BG music for this awesome thread :D

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not even close :p

Oh, well, at least I made the official BG music for this awesome thread :D

I'm really chuffed that you posted your vid here and I have listened to your excellent cover numerous times since. I've even shown(showed?) it to friends and they think it's awesome too. My brother in law mentioned that you turned a "piece of poo original track" into a diamond.

Maybe you have something up your sleeve for the next round? Please keep up the good work and the dedication to your art and please excuse my simplicity for not considering yours as the winning post. My train of thought and my preferences are unpredictable at best.

The nicest part about giving away cubes is hearing from the happy winners. The harsh but inevitable consequence is enduring short lived disappointment. I wish I could send you all a prize of some sort, but I can't :(

Sincerely,

H.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.