• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

kockafej

I could write the algorithms for it... however they wouldn't be much different than the normal ones.
well,i have the algs,i'm just not sure how efficient/fast it would be.and i don't know whether anyone does it already or not.

Last edited:

thatkid

WCA
2012SEET01
I want to learn to solve the cube BLD. Should I learn only Old Pochman first, or go straight in with M2 + Old Pochman?

I first learnt to solve with M2/Old Pochmann from Eric Limeback's tutorial. Mainly because the memo method was easier for me than badmephisto.
So it comes down to personal preference. I suggest learning both though.

A Leman

Who is the fastest 3OP user for 3x3BLD?
It is really hard to just say who the fastest 3OP solver is (which is probably why people won't respond to this). Most solvers that have become very good at 3OP move on to faster methods. Also 3OP edges is a terrible idea in comparison to BH, M2, turbo and even OP. Because of this, a lot of people just use it for corners. Here is a fast 3OP corners example by feliks zemdegs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about this case? Ubl -> Dbr -> Ubr
Set up to case: D' r2 [D' l2 D] r2 [D' l2 D] D

-Ubr and Dbr can become interchangeable if you apply the setup move D', therefore the interchanging move will be r2.
-Now you need to find an insertion that will preserve the interchanging layer (r slice in this case). Ubl can be inserted at Dfr by doing [D' l2 D].
-We already know that the interchanging move is r2, so the commutator can now be applied: [ABA'B'] = [D' l2 D] r2 [D' l2 D] r2

The full algorithm including the setup move would be: D' [ABA'B'] D = D' [D' l2 D] r2 [D' l2 D] r2 D

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
I need some help with my letter pair list, it's almost done. :)

http://tinyurl.com/7bnla9h

If you want to help fill in my missing letter pairs, please post them here (you can't edit the document anyway).

Also, what is the best way to go about memorizing letter pairs?

Any help is appreciated. :)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, what is the best way to go about memorizing letter pairs?

Just memorizing the images that go with the letter pairs? It's as simple as reciting them. It really should be pretty easy. I found that as soon as I had finished creating my list in a document (which took me about a month), I almost had them memorized already; it only took a few more days to actually have them all learned pretty solid.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anybody done a 3x3x3 blindfolded with feet before?

Tim Sun was the first to do it, as far as I know. Since him, several of us have done it. I actually managed a successful average 3/5 for the weekly competition once (if I remember right, the average was somewhere around 15 minutes), although my attempts since then have convinced me that I was rather lucky that time. It's hard to avoid accidentally misorienting the cube.