• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Just Another Rubik's Cube Solver

Johannes91

http://laire.dy.fi/jarcs/

It's a collection of partial solvers, at the moment there's Petrus S1, 2x2x3 block, Cross, and XCross. Some solvers that I plan to add: Roux S1, Roux S2 (using <U,R,M>), MU, Petrus S4, and maybe Kociemba's algorithm for the whole cube.

[edit 20090322]
I rewrote the solver, the new one is a bit more general. The list of solvers is now:
Petrus: S1, S1+2 (aka. 2x2x3 block), S2+3, S4.
ZZ: EOLine, 1x2x3 block after EO line.
Fridrich: Cross, XCross.
Roux: S1 (first 1x2x3), S2 (second 1x2x3), S4 (MU).
Full Cube: A pathetic implementation of Kociemba that works but is really slow, mostly because I didn't want to use big tables.
[/edit 20090322]

It understands most of Heise's simulator's default keys. You can also use Shift to rotate the whole cube and Alt for wide turns.

Edit: It seems like all versions of IE are failing. Too bad.

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's great!

Btw, what is this: for($"=@_=split??,"Jrsk an treP rehlohacteu,";$";$\="\r"){$\.=$.=chr
32+95*rand,$_-$"or$.ne$_[--$"%2?-$"-1:$"]&&$"++for++$|..$";print}<> ?

Johannes91

hr.mohr, Roberty-Y: Thanks! I'm writing it mostly for myself and fun, but it's nice that someone else finds it useful, too.

You ought to run his. Preferably on an old or busy computer, or modify the code to slow it down.
In case it's not obvious how to do that, there's also a really slow JavaScript-version.

Btw, who's at 128.12.98.61? Surprising how few people have checked root before.

Athefre

Johannes91 said:
I plan to add: Roux S1, Roux S2 (using <U,R,M>)

The important r/r'/r2 won't be included?

Johannes91 said:

Is this for Step 4? For it to be very useful you should add an option for it to ignore center orientation and still be able to orient edges correctly.

Yes I'm saying this because of those two topics Gilles, Cubacca, and I were posting in :)

Last edited:

Johannes91

Johannes91 said:
Roux S2 (using <U,R,M>)
The important r/r/r2 won't be included?
They would. I meant just that the solutions would never break the first 1x2x3 block.

Johannes91 said:
Is this for Step 4? For it to be very useful you should add an option for it to ignore center orientation and still be able to orient edges correctly.

Yes I'm saying this because of those two topics Gilles, Cubacca, and I were posting in :)
I was thinking of doing it in one step because the number of cases is so small. But maybe 4a-4b-4c or some other 2-3 steps would me more useful? In any case, the solver requires some modifications to properly deal with moving centers, and that'll probably have to wait a few weeks.

If you have a timelog, you might also be able to guess why I went there. :p
Yup. :p

Athefre

Johannes91 said:
I was thinking of doing it in one step because the number of cases is so small. But maybe 4a-4b-4c or some other 2-3 steps would me more useful? In any case, the solver requires some modifications to properly deal with moving centers, and that'll probably have to wait a few weeks.

It might not matter a whole lot if it has the feature (it would just be another nice feature for your page :) ) because cubacca said he is working on a program just for finding short solutions to specific cases in LSE.

Last edited:

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
BUMP

It looks like the server hosting the laire.dy.fi domain is down. The domain itself returns a DNS error. Until June this year the domain had been pointed at the IP 80.248.244.31, but requests to that IP are now timing out.

@Johannes, is the service now located elsewhere, or have you decided to discontinue it altogether? If you can get it up and running again that would be great!

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Thanks

... but the new address also appears to be timing out. The domain is fine - resolves to 128.12.98.61, but it looks like the server is having issues. Guess I'll try it later...

Johannes91

Yeah, I moved it and was too lazy to set up a redirect from the old domains.

There was some power outage ~12h ago which is why the site was down today. In general it should be up fairly reliably.

Johannes91

Anyone know what happened to this? It's been down for a while. I found it really useful.

[Sun Jan 22 17:08:03 2012][notice] SIGHUP received. Attempting to restart
[Sun Jan 22 17:08:02 2012][notice] seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

Dunno. Back up now.

Edit: I don't follow this forum much but I get email notifications for private messages, so they are better for reporting problems.

Last edited:

A Leman

[Sun Jan 22 17:08:03 2012][notice] SIGHUP received. Attempting to restart
[Sun Jan 22 17:08:02 2012][notice] seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

Dunno. Back up now.

Edit: I don't follow this forum much but I get email notifications for private messages, so they are better for reporting problems.

It's down again(404 Not Found). I find it very helpful for improving blocks and the MU solver is great!

and I sent a private message as well.