• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 CLL Method Discussion

WCA
2014ATTI01
How much do you try and "force" a layer to get a CLL case? In other words, what is the maximum number of moves you would do in an solve in order to get a layer (and not just a side like in PBL)? How often do you get a layer as opposed to a side when solving?

~7 moves for me on average for a layer, when you use the CLL method, you must use a layer and cannot use a side so your second questions doesn't really make sense. EG on the other hand...

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How much do you try and "force" a layer to get a CLL case? In other words, what is the maximum number of moves you would do in an solve in order to get a layer (and not just a side like in PBL)? How often do you get a layer as opposed to a side when solving?
When I did Ortega, I forced a diagonal layer or solved layer over 90% of the time. I didn't like the PBLs with an adjacent swap on D. The only bad cases you get if you have a solved or diagonal layer on D are the single diagonal swaps.
1) but if there was a really good side would you go for it and use ortega?
2) Where is a good layer building tutorial? mine suck :p
1) Yes, but usually there's a good enough layer/diagonal face for it to be worth avoiding it.
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRA5XIoPmuk

starcuber

WCA
2015DIWA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2 cll help

after two months of learning i fully learnt cll but i get times like 5 ,6 seconds or over 10 sec yes I chose the best algs need help

Layer time -1 , 2 sec

Cll time - 2 or more (need help here)

Last edited:

youSurname

I'm no expert by any means. In fact I'm just now learning CLL, but with Ortega I can get 5.x solves. Hopefully I can still help you out.

Possible areas:
TPS - no idea what it should be, but CLLs should eventually be sub-1. These will get better over time and with practice. Maybe drill them?
Finger Tricks - will significantly improve TPS. How are they? For me, 3x3 and 2x2 finger tricks are slightly different. See what works best for you.
Recognition (is this call time?) - critical for fluid solves. Have a look at Chris Olson's CLL tutorial, where he covers recognition.
AUFs - while I'm learning my CLLs, I'm also learning AUF recognition. This can save a good half a second.
One Looking - tracing pieces during inspection, knowing what CLL you're going to get, and possibly even AUF. It is hard I know.

I've only covered the H and Pi sets so far, and recog is probably my weakest point. Once that is nailed I should hopefully drop time fairly quickly. If you're still stuck have a look at Chris Olson's "How to get sub-x" for 2x2 playlist.

Hope this helps

D

Deleted member 29232

I am by no means an expert on 2x2, but I would advise you to practise making efficient layers. I think this can help a lot.
Also drilling your CLL algs to make the execution faster.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Layers should be 5 moves. So you should be able to sub 1 it quite easily. Then for the CLL algs themselves, drill them and try to get them all (or most) sub 1. (you dont have to sub 1 the algs every time, but low 1). Once you can do these 2 things, just spam solves to improve your recognition. my recog was always really slow (like 0.7 ish) and I couldnt even get sub 3 with CLL (which is a little embarassing cuz Kennan said hes sub 3 with ortega :'( ).

starcuber

WCA
2015DIWA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Layers should be 5 moves. So you should be able to sub 1 it quite easily. Then for the CLL algs themselves, drill them and try to get them all (or most) sub 1. (you dont have to sub 1 the algs every time, but low 1). Once you can do these 2 things, just spam solves to improve your recognition. my recog was always really slow (like 0.7 ish) and I couldnt even get sub 3 with CLL (which is a little embarassing cuz Kennan said hes sub 3 with ortega :'( ).

BUT HOW DO I SUB 1 MY ALGS

(i am close to sub 3) now

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01
Hi I'm starting to learn CLL for 2x2 and I have a few questions.

1. Is it hard to be color neutral with CLL and do most people use white on the bottom?

2. Is this a good alg sheet to use?
1. No its not that hard to be CN, especially if u can 1look

2. If u mean alg SET then yes, if u meant alg sheet I think u forgot something...