• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help me answer a girls invite to a dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwishy

Why does it have to be hobby related? You should give her a rose with a card on it saying yes!

Its simple and gets the message across. Not to mention I could have it delivered to her house. I am really like this idea so far, thanks.

N

nitrocan

nitrocan i don't get it

Now I am supposed to answer back, but of course it has to be cheesy as well.

This is how I was asked...

I was sitting at home enjoying my evening when suddenly my doorbell rang. I got up to answer it, no one was there. On the ground there was some candy, a note, and a scrambled rubiks cube 3x3x3(now you see why i am asking for help here :p)
The note said "Dear Josh(thats me)... I have a question for you... Do what you do best to find out what it is..." On the cube she had written "will you go to sweethearts with me?. Obviously I could have seen that without solving it but I solved it anyway just to humor her, and myself.

First off, can anyone help think up a way that I could respond to her(saying yes) as I am absolutly no good at this cheesy stuff and am at a total loss for ideas. I would really like to hear from some women cubers because you are more likely to know what a girl would like, but I am open to any and all ideas you all have.

I just meant that as a joke anyway lol.

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
nitrocan i don't get it

Now I am supposed to answer back, but of course it has to be cheesy as well.

This is how I was asked...

I was sitting at home enjoying my evening when suddenly my doorbell rang. I got up to answer it, no one was there. On the ground there was some candy, a note, and a scrambled rubiks cube 3x3x3(now you see why i am asking for help here :p)
The note said "Dear Josh(thats me)... I have a question for you... Do what you do best to find out what it is..." On the cube she had written "will you go to sweethearts with me?. Obviously I could have seen that without solving it but I solved it anyway just to humor her, and myself.

First off, can anyone help think up a way that I could respond to her(saying yes) as I am absolutly no good at this cheesy stuff and am at a total loss for ideas. I would really like to hear from some women cubers because you are more likely to know what a girl would like, but I am open to any and all ideas you all have.

I just meant that as a joke anyway lol.

With a message saying "if you cant solve I will not go with you".:p That would be very very harsh.

Here's one. Give her a card with a clue on it revealing where the next card is. Then in the next card another clue. You can keep it going until you're at her house. Then the last card say 'Just ask me for the answer'.

skwishy

Here's one. Give her a card with a clue on it revealing where the next card is. Then in the next card another clue. You can keep it going until you're at her house. Then the last card say 'Just ask me for the answer'.

I kind of like that idea myself but I have a feeling that she wont, good idea though and thanks for replying.

skwishy

Dude, what does she do in her spare time? Do you even know?

I have no idea what she does for fun usually. She is an AP student and works as a CNA so I know she doesnt have a lot of free time but when we hang out we usually just end up talking or maybe watching a movie. I have been thinking about maybe a taking a quote from a movie she would know to answer her or maybe find a song that she would know, but I haven't thought of one yet.

EDIT: Well in about 5 minutes I am heading over to her house, and I figure that if she really wants to go with me then she must like my character, that said there should be no reason for me to act out of character to answer her. It is more like me to just talk to her and let her know that I would like to go with her to the dance. Well that's my plan, wish me luck and thanks for all the advice everyone.

Last edited:

Zeroknight

Yeah man, I like a few girls at my school, but I have no idea if they like me, so like mazei said, they might be waiting for me to ask them out, but I'm waiting for some more hints. Me, as of now, I won't ask a girl out until I have at least some proof of her interest in me. I do wish a girl would ask me out though... I'm also very chivalrous when it comes to girls and so I think men should ask women out anyway.
Sorry, for ranting...couldn't help it.

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Zeroknight, I face the exact same thing. But I live by these words, "Why not?". So even if she doesn't show the interest(although she might have), I just ask when I think its the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.