• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
Dang, it's so hard to do R and R' in OH because my fingers are very small and week and i can't turn the cube.
I have very small hands and use a 57mm weilong . any help?

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
Dang, it's so hard to do R and R' in OH because my fingers are very small and week and i can't turn the cube.
I have very small hands and use a 57mm weilong . any help?
Get a 50mm cube if you have very small hands. My fingers aren't small but they are weak. My 57mm Aolong is too uncomfortable. I use a 56mm Chilong for OH.

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
55mm weilong or zhanchi or fangshi will do.
(They're not exactly 55mm but close enough)
But i can't buy a new cube though i don't have money i am just a kid. I have a Weilong and a lunhui. Lunhui is 56mm but it doesn't have the torpedos( it broke) so it sometimes pops.
Get a 50mm cube if you have very small hands. My fingers aren't small but they are weak. My 57mm Aolong is too uncomfortable. I use a 56mm Chilong for OH.
I was thinking about that too unfortuantly i can't buy it but maybe i will later. the only 50mm cube i know is the Zhanchi so i guess you are talking about that?

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am red green color blind, what would be the best sticker scheme for me? I have huge problems on standard Dayan schemes, but less on Moyu ones. I want to eliminate this problem(at least on cubes).

I suggest to stay with the standard color scheme, but replace one of your colors (either red or green) into a more distinguishable one. For example, change red into purple (or something similar, you know better which colors are more suitable for you). You should look around on sticker seller webpages, like cubesmith.com. They have a huge variation on colors.

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a way to practice only a certain ZBLL subset? Like only H, or U or whatever..

Or even better, only a certain COLL case and all its ZBLL cases?

Bump? I recently got a windows pc so I have more possibilities with programs. Is there an option in cube explorer or a different programm that could produce scrambles for a certain COLL case? Basically the idea would be to add cases I want to practice(T,U,H COLLs for example or just one COLL case for ZBLL practice) and it would generate scrambles that aren't just inverses of what I put in.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree. I learned CMLL before even knowing what COLL is, so recently I checked, and about 80% of my CMLL algs are COLL friendly, which is pretty good. There's a few COLLs that are a LOT slower than the CMLL variant, F (R U R' U') F' for example is a CMLL, but not a COLL. For the most part though, COLLs will give you a good boost if you get into Roux.
Yeah, I just use F R U R' U' F' for that COLL case and then do ELL :p Some of the cases are really nice/easy (TuRBo cases/pure edge flip are also useful for BLD). I don't think it would be worth learning the COLL for that case when F sexy F' is so much faster and leads to MU stuff.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Yeah, I just use F R U R' U' F' for that COLL case and then do ELL :p Some of the cases are really nice/easy (TuRBo cases/pure edge flip are also useful for BLD). I don't think it would be worth learning the COLL for that case when F sexy F' is so much faster and leads to MU stuff.

Or just learn all the ZBLLs with that particular COLL. :p
Can't be that much for just one subset of a subset of a subset!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Or just learn all the ZBLLs with that particular COLL. :p
Can't be that much for just one subset of a subset of a subset!
It's still 12 algs, way too many for me :p I'll learn the (also 12, unfortunately) ELLs slowly; it's two adjacent edges flipped, so half of the algs are either very easy or so useful that I've learned them already. I've done S/H/one Z/four Us, so I just have 5 to go.

Knut

WCA
2016PETE11
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently lost a center cap for my Moyu Aulong. Would it still be competition legal? I looked through the WCA regulations and didn't find anything that seemed to say that it wasn't. It does seem like the kind of thing that wouldn't be allowed though, so is there a place where you can get replacement parts? I couldn't find one.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I recently lost a center cap for my Moyu Aulong. Would it still be competition legal? I looked through the WCA regulations and didn't find anything that seemed to say that it wasn't. It does seem like the kind of thing that wouldn't be allowed though, so is there a place where you can get replacement parts? I couldn't find one.

Thecubicle.us sells center pieces (along with the caps) but not the caps separately.

I think it should still be comp legal though.

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
I suggest to stay with the standard color scheme, but replace one of your colors (either red or green) into a more distinguishable one. For example, change red into purple (or something similar, you know better which colors are more suitable for you). You should look around on sticker seller webpages, like cubesmith.com. They have a huge variation on colors.
I am not red green color blind. Apparently my monitor was broken They almost fooled me :(

Last edited:

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
I know right. Also my monitor was broken. HAHAHAHA. I think that the site was real but the monitor was broken. But I DO have problems distinguishing red and brown sometimes but not often.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's the difference between BTM (block turn metric) and OBTM (outer block turn metric)?
From the wiki: "The block turn metric (BTM), is a metric for bigcubes where any group of contiguous slices moving the same way is counted as one move."
OBTM is the same, but just like STM vs HTM, slice moves count as two moves in OBTM.
This is one move BTM, but two moves OBTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.