• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
^Winter variation?
Or Summer variation with the corners?

My question:

What exactly does Cyclo feel like?
Or Tableau?

In my area, we can't get those lubricants, so I'm very curious.
I know Harris Chan used Cyclo in his joy cube.

I'm curious about the details, like, how viscous it is, how it smells, and how fast it is, does it make the cube crisp? or gummy? I'm so curious! >.<

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think that method has a name yet.
I know what you're talking about though. Make the algs up and claim it for yourself! :D

EDIT: I think he means without edge control, what he's describing contains the subset of winter variation.
EDIT2: Crapppp that would take a lot of algs. o_O

To claim an idea for my own:
I've once though about solving the R and U faces simultaneously with one algorithm for orientation, and another for permutation after getting a 2x2x3 block, but realized that was impossible basically.

Last edited:

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think that method has a name yet.
I know what you're talking about though. Make the algs up and claim it for yourself! :D

EDIT: I think he means without edge control, what he's describing contains the subset of winter variation.
EDIT2: Crapppp that would take a lot of algs. o_O

To claim an idea for my own:
I've once though about solving the R and U faces simultaneously with one algorithm for orientation, and another for permutation after getting a 2x2x3 block, but realized that was impossible basically.

Prove it.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not impossible, but the algorithm count is extremely high.

The basis of communication is to get ideas across.
Don't be a grammar nazi, or a nitpicker.
It proves that you get caught up over details and miss the larger picture. >.>

PEZenfuego

In your opinion (or speculation) do colored cubes cause confusion? What if they are the same colors as the cube (ie white, yellow, green, blue, red, orange)? What if they are different colors (ie purple, pink, clear, gray...)?

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not impossible, but the algorithm count is extremely high.

The basis of communication is to get ideas across.
Don't be a grammar nazi, or a nitpicker.
It proves that you get caught up over details and miss the larger picture. >.>

Not what I meant. I meant, prove it's not impossible to memorize the algorithms, or make a 2 - look version.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would be thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of algorithms.

I also said that it IS A 2 look version. A one look version would be even less possible.
Dividing it into 3 look, would offer little benefit over normal CFOP.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
How long ,after I switch to cross on bottom, will it take before I see improvements in my times?

If you're expecting a dramatic improvement, you're going to be disappointed. You may make a second or two, but that is about it.

Yeah I realize that. My problem is that I am averaging 26 an I switched to cross on bottom and I am now averaging 30 again. I want to know how long before it's back to normal.

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How long ,after I switch to cross on bottom, will it take before I see improvements in my times?

If you're expecting a dramatic improvement, you're going to be disappointed. You may make a second or two, but that is about it.

Yeah I realize that. My problem is that I am averaging 26 an I switched to cross on bottom and I am now averaging 30 again. I want to know how long before it's back to normal.

You could gradually switch, go from cross on top, to cross on side, to cross on bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.