• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkwell

Are there any cube simulators that use keyboard controls and don't need internet?

Is there a way to contact Izo and make sure he gets a message? I already tried the chat room and speedsolving to talk to him about my sticker order.

Many have tried to contact him, I've been waiting since Sept 24 2011 for an order or refund!!!

retep

For 2x2 sune and antisune cases I recognize the permutation by looking at four colors which is slow. Which three should I look at and how should I learn it?
You only need to look at 2 pieces. If you put the one correctly oriented corner in the bottom left position (or the corner and 2 edge block for 3x3) and look at the corner to the right of it you can tell which you have. If the top colour part is pointing towards you, you have sune, if it is on the right, it is anti-sune.

You can also look at any 2 unoriented corners, if they seem to be going in an anti-clockwise direction (to the right) it is anti-sune. If they are going in a clockwise direction (to the left) it is sune.

soup

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is that a pillowed or non-pillowed 7*7?

Edit: My question would be..
What are typical solve times for the standard Rubik's cube and its variants, in seconds? (for speedsolvers) I'm hoping to see if I can make a nice function out of it.

Last edited:

retep

Edit: My question would be..
What are typical solve times for the standard Rubik's cube and its variants, in seconds? (for speedsolvers) I'm hoping to see if I can make a nice function out of it.

This will probably give at least some idea: http://worldcubeassociation.org/res...onId=&years=&show=All+Persons&average=Average
(may take a bit to load if you have slow internet/comp)

about halfway down the list the times are a bit over 30 seconds

Is this a good F-Perm in which I am trying to use T-Perm? (note, I know there are 14 turn ones, but this is for a slightly different method I'm trying)

y M2 D' S2 (T-Perm) S2 D M2

Maybe if you can fingertrick it, seems pretty awkward to me. I personally love the F perm I use (bar on left):
R' U' F' (R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R') U R
(the part in brackets is the T perm minus the last F' move)

Last edited:

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question not worth a new thread.
I got a Shengshou 4x4 VIII a few days ago and I love it. The only thing bothering me is the tensions. Too stiff- doesn't turn well. Too loose- some pieces catch and once even a center popped.
My question is- how many turns starting from the stiffest position does it take to optimally tension the cube or is it something that is different for everyone? I do like the cube fast, but not too loose because I absolutely hate pops.

scrubofcubes

Does anybody know a website/video that is good for teaching how to solve a 4x4? Also, I can't tell whether to start with Yau or Reduction, I hear reduction is easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.