• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edison cube?

spdcbr

I don't know what it is about white cubes, but they seem to take in the silicone better. I have a white edison cube, and it's pretty good. I got it a few weeks ago to my trip to korea :).

shukinet

what the differebt

between edison world standart or edion japanis?? and what is better???

JL58

I have three edison cubes (two white, one black). These are incredible cubes. First the weight gives it inertia and it feels it cannot escape from your hands. Then the feel is fairly unique, once lubed properly. It feels like it aligns automatically; if you come close to the end of a turn the side will stop exactly in position, avoiding lock-ups. Very crisp, very precise. My best cubes for more than a year. And yes the caps pop all the time...

I bought a FII a few weeks ago and the difference was striking. It felt really flimsy: too light for a good static balance, no self-alignment, twisting under my fingers in all directions. It was also moving too fast, probably because of the lighter weight and my habit of edisons.

After a few days of training it became obvious that the FII is an excellent cube too. Its light weight allows much faster rotations. Also its lack of self-alignment is more than compensating by the fact that the rounded edges prevent any locking, allowing more finger tricks than I thought possible.

From edison to FII my times have improved by 15%. I still can't believe it.
But the feeling of an edison cube is still vastly superior. I still spend a lot of time on them.

I dont know why, but the white one cuts corner better than black.
I have about a donsen each. And all the white ones cut curner a full cubie, where the black only about 3/4 cubie.

miniGOINGS

Edison suck don't get one.

Care to elaborate? You are not providing much information...

Well mine at least sucks.
The screws unscrew 2 weeks after I got it.
The stickers chip very easily.
It can't cut corners.
Stiff at first.

I agree with you.

I solved these problems by;
Replacing the core piece.
Buying from CubeSmith.
Accepting it (well, not really yet).
Working it in for 1 year.

I agree though, it sucks at cutting corners, and always locks up.

Last edited:

Dfgged

YouTube
Visit Channel
Edison suck don't get one.

Care to elaborate? You are not providing much information...

Well mine at least sucks.
The screws unscrew 2 weeks after I got it.
The stickers chip very easily.
It can't cut corners.
Stiff at first.
Get another, loosen the tension, break it in. THEN give your opinion on the edison. All these other recommendations were made after proper break-in and lubing.

BrunoAD

I have 2 white ones and they are excellent. I have yet to see one pop, lock ups are minimal and speed is great after 2 coats of CRC. Even before lubing they just felt good, even if not very fast. Just a super cube all around.
My only complaint is that the corner cubes are slightly loose, thus if you shake the cube you hear some rattling, no big deal.

I just wish they were easier to obtain. I wonder why Korea does not take advantage of exporting this little gem...

rubiknewbie

Edison cubes are weird. It comes way too tight and you have to lubricate it and tweak the screws a lot. When I make it loose, it pops like crazy, and when it pops it explodes and the pieces fly far away. But when I tighten a bit, it feels too tight and not smooth.

Yet within one month of getting it, when the conditions are just right, my personal best avg 50 is done with the Edison cube. I have been using Type A-III for a few months before that. Therefore I don't know it is good or bad. It is erratic for me, sometimes it's not so good sometimes it's the best.

nekoes

need comment for new EDISON in this 2010..

fiuuuh~

its really bad i think.. T.T