• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Complete Guide For OLL (Free To Download)

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
My Complete Guide For OLL & PLL (Free To Download)

I used Microsoft Excel 2003. I don't know if there are official names for the OLL cases, but I've created some fun and useful ones which are helpful for team blindfold solving! Pictures are from Bob Burton's OLL page and Badmephisto's PLL page. If you find any errors, have any suggestions, or are confused about notation just reply.

Update dates are posted below

UPDATE:
Date: Can't remember lol

Just added the PLL page. Two look cases are highlighted in blue. You will need to select the "sheet two" tab at the bottom of the screen. The print settings are also set. Just click print and it will print the guide perfectly fine. Make sure to use the scroll bar near the bottom of the screen. If you need to edit, add, or make changes to algorithms to suite your preferences, feel free to do so. The red algorithms are for speed.

Date: 1/5/09
Fixed Set up algorithm for OLL case # 11

Date: 1/6/09
Most of these are very minor errors like missing apostraphies
-Font for OLL cases 1 and 2 have been corrected
-Alternate solution for case # 3 has been corrected
-Converted OLL case # 6 for speed [old algorithm is still listed]
-New Faster Solution for OLL case # 9 [Not that much faster and old algorithm is still listed]
-Second alternate solution for OLL case # 10 has been corrected
-OLL case # 12 has been corrected
-Setup algorithm for case # 28 has been corrected
-OLL case # 29 has been converted for speed [Changed " R' (R' " to " R2 "]
-Set up algorithm for case # 33 has been corrected
-Set up algorithm for case # 36 has been corrected
-OLL case # 39 has been converted for speed [Changed " R') (R' " to " R2 "]
-Set up algorithm for case # 48 has been corrected
-OLL case # 49 has been converted for speed [Changed " l L' " to " M "]
-Speedy Algorithm added to case # 56 [old algorithm is still listed]
-PLL case # 2 has been corrected
-Notes on PLL page are now green
All cases including alternate and set up algorithms have been checked and are correct

Date: 1/11/09
-New name for OLL case # 13
-New name for OLL case # 14
-OLL case # 14: switched recommended algorithm with alternate algorithm, turned diagram, and updated set up
-Turned diagram, new algorithm added, and updated set up for OLL case # 37 [Right Hand Friendly]
-Turned diagram, new algorithm added, and updated set up for OLL case # 33 [Right Hand Friendly]
-Turned diagram, new algorithm added, and updated set up for OLL case # 49 [Right Hand Friendly]
All new changes have been checked and are correct

Date: 12/22/09
-Corrected column titles for OLL page 2
-Added new solution, turned diagram, switched recommended algorithm, and updated set up for OLL case # 45
-Added new solution, turned diagram, switched recommended algorithm, and updated set up for OLL case # 5 (Recommend learning one of the first two solutions and the third)
-Turned diagram, switched recommended algorithm, and updated set up for OLL case # 6
-Changed set up for OLL case # 8 (Old Set Up Still Works)
-Changed set up for OLL case # 10 (Old Set Up Still Works)
-Changed set up for OLL case # 40 (Old Set Up Still Works)
-Alternate algorithm for OLL case # 40 {(R U R' U' R') (R' F R F') (R U2 R')} did not work and was replaced
-Simplified set up for OLL case # 41 (Old Set Up Still Works)
-Changed set up for OLL case # 46 (Old Set Up Still Works)
Set up algorithms have been corrected so that if the recommended solution is used, a permutation will not follow.

Date: 12/22/09
Final Version
I should've posted this months ago. But this is MY final version of this guide.
Graphic interface could be improved but this is Excel and I'm content with it. Whats important for me is that the information is organized, easy to read and understand, and presented cleanly. If you want to make some cosmetic changes, by all means do so. This guide was designed to be personalized by the cuber. You have the freedom to change anything in this guide. This is what makes this guide very appealing especially to new cubers who are learning the last layer of the Fridrich method. This file is a compilation of MY notes and efficient algorithms I've come across and discovered on my own for about a year while studying OLL and PLL. I hope my guide helps you develop your own unique style of cubing or atleast your own techniqes or tricks for solving the last layer.

Attachments

• Rubik's Cube OLL & PLL Guide.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,004
Last edited:

panyan

That is a commendable product, assuming the algs are accurate. :)
If you want it to even easier to use, I suggest trying to make a well-formatted, compact PDF.

i converted it for use. it is the creation of the guy in the first post, i just converted it.

Last edited:

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
its not massively related, but i think i have a good other alg for case 50 (and 53, if you dont mind mirrors)

- (y) (RUR'U) (RU'R'U) (RU'R'U') (R'FRF')

its always nice to know another alg for a different angle (even if it is only a U' to get the other alg :p)

cookingfat

WCA
2009HARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is really great, thanks to the OP. I've been looking for something like this for a while that gives you the alg to solve and also the alg to perform on a solved cube.

I'll print this when I get home. Thanks a lot.

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
Correction*Let me know if you guys think I should.*
If you made a mistake in your post you can edit your post. The edit button is on the bottom right hand corner of your post.

sweet thanks didn't know that.
Your welcome. :)

And to delete your own post look at this guide.

Cool thanks again. Is there a way to get notified when someone responds or replies to my messages?

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks a lot for the help.
Well what did you expect? New member with very first post being a contribution and a good one having put some effort into it, rather than annoying the hell out of us... we don't exactly see that very often. In other words: you certainly earned it. Some nice names for the OLLs, btw.

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks a lot for the help.
Well what did you expect? New member with very first post being a contribution and a good one having put some effort into it, rather than annoying the hell out of us... we don't exactly see that very often. In other words: you certainly earned it. Some nice names for the OLLs, btw.

Thanks. I didn't know if there where official names for them. I made up names which would help me remember the algorithms. Like "Sune-T" is simply Sune case followed by "Short T".