• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

lawofthecube

Oh, there is one Website, either it's on alg.cubing.net or alg.garron.us or I'm mixing something up, not sure, where you can input your sequence and have a flip/inverse button

That's it on https://alg.cubing.net, I paste my algorithm in the setup section and click the Mirror (M) button...

Here's one's that work now...

Code:
R (f' U' f)   ---   L' (f U f')

r' U' (R U M')   ---   l U (L' U' M')

R2 F R F' R   ---   L2 F' L' F L'

L' U L U' L U L'   ---   R U' R' U R' U' R

r U2 R2 U' R2 U' r'   ---   l' U2' L2' U L2' U l

R' F' R U R U' R' F   ---   L F L' U' L' U L F'

F' (U' L' U L) F L' U L   ---   F (U R U' R') F' R U' R'

R U R U R U' R' U' R'   ---   L' U' L' U' L' U L U L

That was great help both of you...

:cool:

drgs

Question.
I was averaging 1:06 with beginner method.
Decided to switch and start learning F2L. So far, 2 days into it, I’m averaging 1:43!!!!
I know it’ll be slower till it becomes muscle memory but…. Questions:

a) is a jump that bad normal/ common/ to be expected?
B) realistically, with good practice. How long should I expect to be back around 1:06… or even better, hi 30s? Is 30 days for sub60 a realistic goal?

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Question.
I was averaging 1:06 with beginner method.
Decided to switch and start learning F2L. So far, 2 days into it, I’m averaging 1:43!!!!
I know it’ll be slower till it becomes muscle memory but…. Questions:

a) is a jump that bad normal/ common/ to be expected?
B) realistically, with good practice. How long should I expect to be back around 1:06… or even better, hi 30s? Is 30 days for sub60 a realistic goal?
a. Yes, switching methods usually drops your time drastically. When switching methods you shouldn't be timing yourself until you know it somewhat decently.
b. Yes, 30 days for sub 60 is realistic, depending on how much time you have on your hands to practice.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
What you use is completely fine since it's 2-gen, and you can change how you insert pairs to make this effectively never happen (because it's a really bad case)
But... here are some alternatives:
I believe there is an optimal insert if this is your last slot, which I forgot but it's in one of J perm's F2L tricks videos.
You can (although you still need a rotation) also do U (L F' L' F) U y L U L'
You can also use FRUF for a rotationless insert, like this:
F U' R U R' U R U2 R' F'

bulkocuber

I need an alg to solve this case, F2L 24 but it's mirrored and the slot is in FL. The way I usually do it is y' U R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' and it feels too long.

View attachment 19601
You could do F' U' L' U L F (F moves with left thumb) and then insert, but it feels too awkward to me so I just do it when it's on the right (mirrored, obviously).
Alternatively you can put the F2L corner in the back, insert it with L' U' L cancelling into sledge, then insert the pair.
I'll feel more comfortable doing those algs just for the mirrored case thus I'd usually either rotate so that it is front-right slot, or do the F<RU>F thing to orient edges.
anyway, it's good to know these alternatives.

Imsoosm

I need an alg to solve this case, F2L 24 but it's mirrored and the slot is in FL. The way I usually do it is y' U R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' and it feels too long.

View attachment 19601
For the case in your picture, I use the alg you use because it's 2gen and can be executed pretty quickly. If that case was in the back right slot, with the block on front right, I would do this:
R' F R' F' R2 U' R' U R

itzwku

Hey! So, I solve the rubik’s cube for about 4 years now, but just recently I started really practicing, learning more algs, etc.

The problem is: I’m already pretty fast at recognising OLL and PLL cases and solving them, but my F2L and my cross SUCK! Half of my solves is just solving them!

Is there any way I can keep practicing different F2L cases over and over without having to solve and scramble the whole cube again? When searching for something about this, I found this video, but I’m not colour neutral yet

heeeeelp

fadsarmy

When solving F2L pairs, do you pair pieces which catch your eye or do you search for specific pairs? Hope you know what I mean.

bulkocuber

hi to everyone i’m learning CFOP (OLL/PLL learned but need to speed up with F2L), any tips ???
Do hundreds of solves, watch hundreds of Jperm's videos and read hundreds of posts on this thread and other threads. Also, watch the videos on the playlist I sent you.

When solving F2L pairs, do you pair pieces which catch your eye or do you search for specific pairs? Hope you know what I mean.
I know what you mean, every cuber asks that question one day.
In my opinion you should just solve the one you see first. However, it's better to solve the pairs that fill the back slots, but sometimes it's hard to spot those pieces. Another thing you should focus on is trying to avoid solving diagonal pairs unless you can look ahead to the next pair.
As you keep practicing, your look ahead will improve and you will be able to see multiple pairs at the same time and thus be able to choose the right one (maybe to influence the next one or similar things).
Despite all this I think that this problem isn't actually that big of a deal if you can cube-rotate smartly (keeping solved slots in the back)

Andy Chakarov

WCA
2022CHAK05
So recently, I have been trying to learn beginner CFOP so I can get to sub 45 to 40 (right now I average just around 1 minute using the beginner's method) and I learned beginner F2L first, so when I learned it I noticed that I was way slower using F2L and then beginner's method and was faster using full beginner's method. I timed myself on the same scramble using F2L and then beginner's last layer and full beginner's method and I was around 15 seconds faster using full beginner's method so that leads me to this question, does anybody have some tips on how to do faster F2L? (also to avoid obvious questions, no I havent learned OLL and PLL yet.)

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
So recently, I have been trying to learn beginner CFOP so I can get to sub 45 to 40 (right now I average just around 1 minute using the beginner's method) and I learned beginner F2L first, so when I learned it I noticed that I was way slower using F2L and then beginner's method and was faster using full beginner's method. I timed myself on the same scramble using F2L and then beginner's last layer and full beginner's method and I was around 15 seconds faster using full beginner's method so that leads me to this question, does anybody have some tips on how to do faster F2L? (also to avoid obvious questions, no I havent learned OLL and PLL yet.)
Practice until you can do it intuitively. If you can't solve a particular case without looking up the "alg" for it, then take a note of the case, find the alg and find out how the alg solves it.

Do not memorise F2L algs, only see how they work.