• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SenorJuan

"Apart from the ease of learning for intuitive F2L .... "
It's fair to say that on a basic level, intuitive is 'easy to learn'. But to get good at it requires a lot of work and skill, and it's far from intuitive.

"The solution you have with algorithms can be lower in movecount"
That's rather debatable. A good intuitive solver will have lower movecount, and lower cube-rotation count, because they know so many ways of performing a particular slot solution, whereas an algorithmic solver knows a constrained selection. This is in part due to use of empty slots - many algorithms are unnecessarily constrained, and are really 'last slot' algs. Decision-making is simpler and faster for alg solving: if you only know two ways of solving a case, it's not so hard to pick one; if you know 6 ways, it can potentially delay your thought-process.

I guess the best technique is a combination of good intuitive and a extensive algorithmic repertiore.

yCArp

Aight, thanks for the insight, I appreicate it. I guess I will just stick to a combination of both, just as what I have been doing so far. Additionally, on the topic of cross + 2, what are some advice or opinions you can provide me with as I am unable to find anything relevant so far in this matter? I am not even sure people have even ventured into cross + 2 (planning 2 f2l pairs), but I am very interested in this.

To me, the only viable approach to this is using pseudoslotting where you can find more or even force some of the easier cases.

Labano

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I meant is that people show some really efficient algs but when you use it the U layer goes back and lookahead gets harder(M&Wide moves). So are those algs worth it in normal cases maybe it is useful for last slot but what if you are really advanced and you are looking ahead to the last layer.

Is that alg really good?F2L Tip no: 3 -----All F2L Tips can be seen in my playlist section called 'F2L Tips'----- The wide mover? I think F mover is better.

bulkocuber

Here's how I did it:

- I learned some easy F2L cases before even learning CFOP, by watching J perm's video about the "improved" beginner method:

- Then I learned more cases from Brodythecuber,
- And at this point I finished learning the 41 basic cases through J perm's document (only Section 1: basic F2L)
- Now I learn more cases and more tricks through different sources, for example:

There's a lot in here

a lot of interesting concept, but some may be too advanced
YOU

try to come up yourself with algs and new ways of solving F2L cases

Number 1 tip for F2L is to always understand what you're doing, this helps also with the learning process.

yCArp

Intutive F2L:

(Both corner and edge in the top layer)

(Either corner or edge inserted)

Algorithmic F2L:

https://www.cubeskills.com/uploads/pdf/tutorials/f2l-algorithms-different-slot-positions.pdf (All Possible 167 Cases)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWU5BrL00uVfFcTkfDizuGyDVAyz2oGb (Useful algorithms as a supplement if you are using intuitive F2L)

Advanced F2L Technique: Pseudoslotting

(recognition of edge orientation)

(useful example solves)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/comments/r9hu4m/_/hnbzz31
Additional Stuff I would like to add on:

Edge Control (a.k.a. orienting last layer edges, has many benefits, such being able to use ZBLL which is a set of 493 algorithms that each solves the last layer in one algorithm):

Last edited:

Reirto-RRNF

YouTube
Visit Channel

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think I am using the correct alg for the F2L case where the corner is in its solved position, and the edge is in the solved position but flipped, what would be the best alg for doing it. I currently do three sexy moves to solve it.