• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Type D - A Core, Cube4you free shipping?

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[Order Fullfilled] Opinions on certains Hybrids

Stickers Arrived! Waiting On Cube To Come... Question About Arrival Time On Page 4

http://cube4you.com/337_Black-3x3x3-Cube-(d).html

I'm leaning towards getting a Type D instead of a type A, but any of you can try and change my mind if you want, always trying to get what's best for me. :)
The one in the above link is what I want, and that should be fine, right?

From what I've read, these perform even better with a Type A core; the question is, which?

New Nylon Yellow Core (a): http://cube4you.com/90_New-nylon-Yellow-core-(a).html

Old Yelllow Core (a): http://cube4you.com/231_Old-Yellow-core-(a).html

One thing I noticed was that on the checkout for the Type D cube, there's no shipping cost! I saw someone mention on the forum (if you want to find it, I will) that there's free shipping for the holidays! If this is true, I might just another cube for Christmas :). Either a white Type D w/ another A core, or a Type A (black or white?)
What do you guys (and girls) think?

Last edited:

AlanAlanine

old type a core...

but don't buy our type D from cube4you because they might have new screws which are bad and require loctite = more effort.

9spuzzles has type D and supposedly ship with old screws which are good. I would order from there.

AlanAlanine

however i don't know about the free shipping or whatever.

I would like to know how much 9spuzzles shipping is to the u.s.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does YUGA mean Type D?

And even though it makes more sense to order them both together, if there is free shipping at cube4you and not here, I'll order the core at cube4you. Not like there's a big difference, but still...

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4753

I found this outdated thread, which reinforces what you both have said. =)

Edit: After checking their shipping from 9s, it will take over a month to my shipments! I'm not sure I'm willing to wait that long, as this is suppose to be for Christmas.
Can you explain what I might have to do if I get new screws from cube4you type D's? What the odds (that you know of) of getting them?

Last edited:

AlanAlanine

odds of getting new screws are high from cube4you.

you'll have to buy loctite and you can search for the thread that teaches you to do it.

i would still recommend being patient and just getting a cube with old screws, cause if you get lazy then you'll have a c4y type D laying around that you never use and is pretty bad.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, I'll wait.

BUT, what about type A's.
Like I said, if that's free shipping, I'll be getting another cube.

What Type A's are better in your opinion, and what color. I'm hoping the blacks are good, and I'm sure they are.
Are they good with Type E cores, or did I just misread something?

Last edited:

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah getting a cube with new screws from Cube4you is very high. The chance of getting ALL old screws is like 10% or lower.

However, we people here know for sure you can get the new screws from black and white Type Ds at Cube4you. You might be able to get all old screws with different colors of the cube (green, pink, orange)

The Yugas at 9spuzzles are the same as Type Ds, and they have the old screws. Also, the Type A core from 9spuzzles is the old kind, which is the good type of Type A core.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Aaah, I REALLY want a black one!

But if the white A is better, that's what I'll order. Thanks :)

Are the stickers on it fine (as in much better than Rubik's storeboughts), or should order cubesmith tiles?

Last edited:

GerrySly

Get cubesmith tiles, cube4you stickers are shithouse, 1 day of serious cubing for me and the laminate was coming off, which means they stickers were practically done

AlanAlanine

c4y stickers are sucktastic.

cubesmith ftw.

tiles are expensive. some people like them and some people don't. i personally prefer cubesmith regular stickers since they are brighter, and it's easier for me to distinguish red and orange.