• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't triple post.
Especially when the third post is just a bump.

Also, use the edit button, so you don't post twice in a row.

You don't memorise "3-colours" for the corner. Just memo the piece it is.

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
The reason you only need 2 colors to identify a corner is because of the color scheme on your cube. For example, there might be 2 corners containing red and white, but one corner will be Red-White-Blue as you read the colors clockwise around that corner, and the other will be White-Red-Green as you read the colors clockwise. So you can identify the first as Red-White and the second as White-Red.

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:fp:

anyone else understand me?
edit-thank you rjohnson, you understand. Thanks :)

edit-in your example, which way are yo ufacing the cube so it's red white blue? just so i got the clockwise motion down

Last edited:

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like Joey, I don't see why you need to memorize several stickers on each piece. As long as you know where the piece needs to go (pretty obvious) then you just memo sticker cycles and then you only need to memo 7 stickers. Tbh, the colour should barely enter your mind. If I memoed a cube and then you asked me what colour DFR was, I wouldn't have a clue straight off. I could work it out from my memo but I never even think about colours when I'm solving. What method are you using for corners?

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So for corners, you should just memo DFR FUL RBU etc. There's not really any need to pay any attention to anything except the first letter in each. If you use visual memo (i.e. just remembering the path that the cycle goes by imagining a cube in your head) then you just remember the sticker position on your path - basically it should end up being a path of 7 stickers if there's only one cycle of corners.

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, say I have a scramble. I look at hte buffer. That peice needs to go into the FL. I determine FL not LF because the UR peice needs to go into the FL

U sticker matches the F
R sticker matches the L

Thus UR peice needs to go into FL

You are the one who originally made this concept "click for me lol. I don't have an individual letter assigned to each sticker. I just memo that UR needs to go into FL, and that FL needs to go into BD, and that BD needs to go into FR etc

Are you guys understanding?

but anyway, this was supposed to be talk of corner Memo :p

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so how do you choose your words that make your sentences? Corner memo should be the same as edge memo really. On edges you're memoing UR to FL, so on corners you just do the same e.g. DFR to LBU. Remember that on your edges, the second letter doesn't really matter because it's just the other part of the piece of the sticker that you are memoing (obviously you still need to remember what piece it is though). So, on corners, for my example you don't even need to think of the fact that DFR goes to LBU

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
RyanResse you are using badmephisto's style of memoing right? I tried that when I started but the problem is there aren't many choices of words you can make with those letters. Also, you have to memorize twice as much. I would assign a letter to each sticker for corners. That way you are memoing on average half the # of letters. Pair the letters up and create words from that. Plus, using the position with 2 letters for corners is more time consuming because you have to figure out stuff clockwise etc.