• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4x4 OLL algs plus parity

David

WCA
2005AGUI01
ok so Im not sure if this has been covered before but Im going to put it out there. 4x4x4 OLL with a parity combined with another OLL couldn't we come up with more OLL's for it. Like lets say 3 edges couldnt we come up with one alg for it rather than 2 edges then a parity. granted there will be 57 more algs but for simple ones like 3 edges. It would cut down so much time. Im sure we could all try to plan ahead and try not to get a parity but it would help. Thanks for any other ideas about this

David

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have followed those threads here and a simular thread on the yahoo forum. It seems a lot of those algs only got found a couple of months ago and they were mostly developed by taking 3x3x3 PLL algs, 4x4x4 parity algs and finding as many cancellations (U+U2=U') as possible. Eventually an "optimal PLL 4x4x4"-solver was programmed and released that also found some algs. A lot more work has to be put into this to find algs that are as good as the 3x3x3 algs we currently have.

But I can't help wondering: "Is anyone really using these combination algs"?

David

WCA
2005AGUI01
i think i will start to learn them. I think these algs will helpful in the future . Right now they are being discovered just like 3x3 algs.

David

mmwfung

No I didn't use special parity algs. I only use 2 PLL-parity algs and 2 OLL-parity algs.

Michael Fung

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Micheal, long time no see ;) Nice to see you here.

You should post some 4x4 techniques. I need to work on my times. I can pair and solve all centers and start the 3x3 solving phase in around 53 seconds avg, but I avg over 1:30 total. Any tips? Thanks