• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

laispais

Ja perm
L U' z D' R U' R2 D R' D R2 D

Nb
L U' z D R2 U' R D' U R' D R2 U' R D'

Pretty fast if u can do U' and z in one move

AA13

Few New Algs

I have a few new OLL algorithms that I haven't seen elsewhere.
1.Case 42, badmephisto
oll37.gif
Algorithm is F R' F' R U R U' R'
2.Anti-sune(case 36 on badmephisto)
y L' U R U' L U R'. I usually use this alg when I would have to do a y' or y2 rotation to start traditional antisune.
3.oll20.gif Badmephisto case 43
y2 R U2 R' U2 R' F R F'
More moves but maybe better for OH? I usually use it when i run into it and i would have to do a y2 to start the other alg.
Thanks, please give feedback

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
I have a few new OLL algorithms that I haven't seen elsewhere.
1.Case 42, badmephisto
View attachment 5261
Algorithm is F R' F' R U R U' R'
2.Anti-sune(case 36 on badmephisto)
y L' U R U' L U R'. I usually use this alg when I would have to do a y' or y2 rotation to start traditional antisune.
3.View attachment 5262 Badmephisto case 43
y2 R U2 R' U2 R' F R F'
More moves but maybe better for OH? I usually use it when i run into it and i would have to do a y2 to start the other alg.
Thanks, please give feedback

If you are interested in learning new algorithms or looking into new algorithms for cases you already know, take a look at some of these sites.

http://algdb.net/
http://sarah.cubing.net/
https://sites.google.com/site/antoineccantin/Home

and some good cubing help videos here:

http://www.cubingworld.com/

Last edited:
WCA
2013BARK01
A really fast regripless Ja perm

I'm surprised that hardly anyone uses this alg. It can be really fast depending on the AUF. What is good about it compared to the most common Ja perm (R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R L) is that it doesn't use so many R and L turns right next to each other, which (could) cause lockups, and just seems a little awkward (at least for me) to do. It is the same number of moves, but it is a y away, so you might want to stick with the R' U L' one if you got it from that angle. Here is the algorithm:
F2 L' U' r U2 l' U R' U' l2 (Execute the l2 as R2 if you don't have an AUF.)
It is the only PLL I can do sub-1 (more than half the time). Yes, I do it even faster than an H perm.

This alg flows a lot more nicely than the other one, and it is pretty much regripless. If you don't like it, then whatever, don't use it, but I think this one is really great, and I think that not many people know about this one.

hkpnkp

The standard R' U L' F2 R U' R' U2 R L can also be executed as R' U r' x U2 R U' R' U2 R L. Its more stable and faster.

F2 L' U' r U2 l' U R' U' l2 is fast too

Last edited:

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
On algdb.net it has 12 people using it, compared to 68 using the normal alg. That's not really "hardly anyone", especially since some people (me included) have voted for several algs on that page.

14 if you include both ways it was written U2 r' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2 & F2 L' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2. I have been using the first since I learned full PLL in my first month. I originally learned the alg from Sarah here:

Last edited by a moderator:

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A PBL double-T-perm alg

I have a little finger trick quirk: I can only double-flick with my left hand. This is okay in most cases, but not the double-T-perm PBL. The algorithm I used to use was R2 U' B2 U2 R2 U' R2, but I had a lot of trouble with the B2 and I had to regrip, which wasn't pleasant. Just then, I was playing around with my 2x2, and I found this much better alternate execution of the previous algorithm: R2 D' R2 U2 y' R2 U' R. I use my ring finger for the D', and I perform the U2 and y' at the same time. No idea if anyone else will find this algorithm useful, but here it is anyway. Enjoy!

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a little finger trick quirk: I can only double-flick with my left hand. This is okay in most cases, but not the double-T-perm PBL. The algorithm I used to use was R2 U' B2 U2 R2 U' R2, but I had a lot of trouble with the B2 and I had to regrip, which wasn't pleasant. Just then, I was playing around with my 2x2, and I found this much better alternate execution of the previous algorithm: R2 D' R2 U2 y' R2 U' R. I use my ring finger for the D', and I perform the U2 and y' at the same time. No idea if anyone else will find this algorithm useful, but here it is anyway. Enjoy!
I sometimes use R2 U R2 U2' y R2 D R2 as I find the y regrip easier than y'.