• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 3x3 BLD WR: World records: Ville Seppänen : 54.06

WCA
2008SEPP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anssi has 12 pairs of feet: His own, 8 DIY's, 2 self made and now a pair of Korean feet. :)

And thank you all. I'll get better times next time. I think this record will be broken pretty easily by Rowe, Alex, Yumu or some other good BLD-solver that I can't remember right now. Oh, Konrad too! :p But if that happens, I'll take it back. :)

Finally 1st place doesn't use 3OP corners :p. The scrambles were pretty hard.

Last edited:
Anssi has 12 pairs of feet: His own, 8 DIY's, 2 self made and now a pair of Korean feet. :)

And thank you all. I'll get better times next time. I think this record will be broken pretty easily by Rowe, Alex, Yumu or some other good BLD-solver that I can't remember right now. Oh, Konrad too! :p But if that happens, I'll take it back. :)

Finally 1st place doesn't use 3OP corners :p. The scrambles were pretty hard.

Hey Ville. What method do you use?
And CONGRATS again, nice results, 2 sub-1s in a row, crazy!

Greetings...Dennis;):)

I use freestyle without buffers, just like Rowe. So I often just use commutators for corners. Sometimes I go ROWE HESSLER SPEED too. :p

I have the sub-1s on video, they should be uploaded in an hour.

:D:D I am really happy with M2 and old pochmann, but i really wanne get sub 1.
I have no idea if i should switch:rolleyes::confused:!
Is it hard to learn?

Greetings...Dennis;):)

WCA
2008SEPP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO freestyle is the best method at the moment for single cube BLD. You just use commutators and the basic 3 cycles. Then it's about optimising some cases.

Well, freestyle is freestyle, solve 2 pieces however you want. You don't NEED commutators but they help alot. Please do try some solves with it.

But M2+old pochmann (I punch myself here) should be good enough for sub-1 too. Alexander Yu has something like 40.94 single and he does M2+3OP I think.

N

nitrocan

I guess everyone knew you'd break it sooner or later. Congratulations.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For multi I think M2+Old Pochmann is the best.
Ok, thanks for that assessment. I don't have much time to practice and I have given up hope to ever get the single solve record with M2/R2 (not saying it's impossible, but hard, for me anyway), but I'd still like to become a multiblind master and I was suspecting that M2/R2 would allow that. Nice to hear this might be right, cause I'm scared of going freestyle like you and would like to stick to what I'm doing already.

Still, I'm interested to understand how well your method scales (both memory and execution). Are you doing multiblind as well? If so, how many cubes and what are your times? And how much do you depend on short term memory when solving a single 3x3, and how does/would that change for multiple?

WCA
2008SEPP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Still, I'm interested to understand how well your method scales (both memory and execution). Are you doing multiblind as well? If so, how many cubes and what are your times? And how much do you depend on short term memory when solving a single 3x3, and how does/would that change for multiple?

I am sorry but right now I'm not sure what you mean when you say: "I'm interested to understand how well your method scales"

I have once tried 6 cubes, result was 3/6 in 26:34. For multi I use a list of person/action images for edges, which is what you also do if I remember correctly. I don't have a solid system for corners (mixture of numbers and visual), so I memo them last and do them first. I haven't practised multi at all, I just do it once a week for the weekly comp, and I've been in those comps for about a month. But I will practise it later, I'll probably make up another P/A list for corners because I like that system, and maybe I'll switch to your method. But freestyle is good enough for now. Of course I have tried some smaller amounts too. Right now I'm trying to get sub-2 for 2 cubes, but it's hard.

For single cube, I make words/sounds from letters for edges, usually in pairs, but sometimes I group more than 2 together. After I have gone through edges, I quickly refresh them. If I don't remember something I memo it again but I don't refresh after that. Then I memo corners using numbers for permutation order and I visually see which sticker of the piece needs to be cycled. I would probably just use pure visual corners but I have always used numbers. I don't refresh corners at all after memo, because they're so fast that it's actually hard to forget them.

So I use the same memo in corners for multi and single, the difference in multi is that I repeat them many times to keep them in my memo, but it still doesn't seem to work well. Now that I have 10 usable cubes I will probably work on multi a bit. I'm focusing more on big cubes though.

Last edited: