• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Not another new cube thread... (A III)

Unknown.soul

YouTube
Visit Channel
http://www.cube4you.com/410_White-DIYKit-3x3x3-Cube-III-(a).html
410.jpg

Discuss.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think this's the coolest looking cube..haha.
The ridges are still there but its not jutting out as much as the type II. and the edges look cool!
Anyone ordered this cube? There's no black?

edit: i checked my a(ii) ridges, it's not actually jutting out more...but the ridges are thicker than the a(iii) in the picture
maybe that solves the problem of the a(ii)

Last edited:

Neroflux

WCA
2009YENL01
some ppl have tried this cube. all of them say it feels weird but you will like it better. i don't know how true it is. they also described it as third model and type a II hybrid.

scottp45

That looks cool. Might order it next time I have a chance....Only that I hate white cubes. I just cant stand them, even though they are almost exactly the same, exept for the black instead of white face.

Neroflux

WCA
2009YENL01
Someone needs to tell cube4you that there are more letters besides A-F. Using "Type A" for everything gets really confusing.

umm i stole this from the locked thread.you can't tell cube4you what to do. the makers of this cube are from a, so you can't expect them to say it's type g made by frank morris. it's like verdes saying i invented v cubes.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Yeah, that's called a joke. Commenting on how many different variants of Type A's there are.

I think even you'll agree that the naming system's pretty convoluted. Version I/II/III? New type? Old type? New new type? It's not even internally consistent. Are "third model" and "III" the same thing? Why not denote them as such?

Are all these variants even necessary? You know it's just making them more money every time they come out with a new one and everybody has to try it.

Last edited:

Odin

WCA
2009RODR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
it's not cube4you's fault. it's the chinese manufacturers making more and more cubes.

but i agree with you.

No, it's our fault for actually buying all those new types.

Well its not a bad thing that there coming out with all these new types of cubes sooner or later one of the cubes the chinese makes is going to be kick butt!:cool: