• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My 5x5x5 and 4x4x4-How to make them better?

scottp45

So today I got my 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 from Rubiks.com. My 4x4 is great, it turns perfect and is very smooth, but maybe a little stiff, but nothing a little breaking in cant help :). My 5x5x5 is not as good as I would expect. The faces and slices are really loose, and too lose I think, as the pieces are bumpy, and the faces and slices dont turn very well and jamn up. Any way to help make my 5x5 a lot better? I don't really know how to take one apart, so it would be a good idea to tell me. I havent lubed it. Help please?

Scott.

Michael_Wee

rubik's 5x5s are the worst 5x5 in the world try getting an eastsheen or a v cube of you have extra cash i have all of them, my v cube is the best my eastsheen is a close second but a bit too small for my hands

ThePizzaGuy92

WCA
2007SEID01
YouTube
Visit Channel
that is an opinion, my rubik's 5x5x5 is my favorite 5x5x5.

to fix up a 4x4x4: use alot, lube, use alot. haha

5x5x5: break in slightly, lube, use ALOT... and then ALOT MORE. haha it took me a long time ti get it where i want it

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
that is an opinion, my rubik's 5x5x5 is my favorite 5x5x5.

to fix up a 4x4x4: use alot, lube, use alot. haha

5x5x5: break in slightly, lube, use ALOT... and then ALOT MORE. haha it took me a long time ti get it where i want it

well how old is your 5x5? everyone who has a good one seems to have had it for a long time. i got mine for christmas and it was broken(as in snapped corner piece, and highly explosive) by march. it was never great, even after lubing and lots of breaking in. my first solve on an eastsheen was 2 minutes faster than my PB on a rubiks 5x5.

however, i agree with 4x4. it needs to be broken in tons before you can lube it. rubiks 4x4s can be good cubes if you break them in a lot and then lube. a lot means about a month or two of frequent solving before you lube it.