• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Can I advertise here?

Should we be posting "reward-site" advertisements here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Hi All,

Should we be advertising reward sites in our signatures?

And should we being referring fellow speedsolvers to such sites when they're unable to afford something?

Typically such less than reputable referrals have been made by 11 to 13 year-olds, as they're being targeted. If someone asks how to fix a puzzle, would it not be better to give them a practical solution rather than refer them to a rewards site?

Personally I'm sick of seeing them being advertised. Even if there was a link embedded on every page here pointing to those sites, I feel that such users would still be posting links in hope of racking up points. Am I the only one of this opinion or is this forum slowly being taken over by those who share the opposite opinion?

Kind Regards,
Tim.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I also hate rewards sites. They are stupid. I looked at one and it's very foolish. It generally involves watching pointless ads and filling stupid surveys, not very fun. If you really want money, get a real job.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
I also hate rewards sites. They are stupid. I looked at one and it's very foolish. It generally involves watching pointless ads and filling stupid surveys, not very fun. If you really want money, get a real job.

And somewhere along the line your personal and contact information are probably being sold to spammers (those rewards sites have to make money somehow). Have fun getting spammed to death just so you can save a few bucks.

TomZ

Every time you post about a reward site, a kitty dies.

I really do hate those sites. They don't make you any real money unless you sign up for paid things. Especially those young children are vulnerable when they post about not having enough money. They'll sign up and give out all their (parents) vulnerable information, and end up getting a load of spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.