• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 change into cube shape.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Square-1 change into cube shape? Alternative methods?

I know the 6 corners on D method with the 5 algs (didn't memo algs yet), but are there anything easier/ better other than to be so familiar with the puzzle that you know every case optimally?

Edit:
Method 2 on Jaap's page looks interesting, but I'm not exactly sure if it's efficient compared to method one or if it's easy to do.

Last edited:
Method 3 is easier to memorize, but sometimes it's just slower.

For me, I always try to get it into something I know optimally (three twists from cube shape), the most important of which is the kite-scallop (I swear, half the cases obviously lead into that).

I'm working on learning optimal. ;)

Last edited:

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So far, I just know some random cases and just do random twists until I get that case. I know shield-square, shield-shield, barrel-barrel, Kite-kite, kite-barrel, L fist- R fist, and scallop-scallop.
How to solve kite-scallop?
I don't like method 3.