• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Let's Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkmp4

Is it really necessary to have this anymore?
I just noticed that Odin had a lot of posts for being around just a little while. Turns out, he has 103 posts in the past two days, in Let's Play alone. And he's not the only one, there are a lot of people just posting in there to inflate their post counts.
The thread provides nothing anymore, just read the last couple pages if you don't believe me. That kind of stuff is what #rubik is for...

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
well, I use it for post count and fun. Did you see the chaos between waffle and Odin yesterday in the thread? Sa967St and I were also there.

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
One could argue that it keeps their posting churn neatly confined to a thread I know I have no interest in reading. Who cares about post count anyway? Ignore it if you know how little it means.

hawkmp4

Well, its PRIMARILY used to up post counts. And even if that's not its intended purpose, that's what it ends up doing.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've been considering something for awhile, and have made it effective as of now.

Posts in off-topic discussion do not count toward your post count.

hawkmp4

I've been considering something for awhile, and have made it effective as of now.

*watches as off-topic forum becomes a ghost town for the most part*

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel

*watches as off-topic forum becomes a ghost town for the most part*

i'm in the off topic (still on lets play) for the fun. i don't care much about post count. Just because someone has a low post count doesn't mean he/she came in with plenty of knowledge and you can't trust them because of the low posts and Vice-versa.

On the most part i just ignore the count.

Odin

WCA
2009RODR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
uhh lol why did you use me as a example? i like to play the game its superfun. when i give ppl advice i tell them im a noob thats been cubing for about a month, i just like getting into "post wars" is very fun ever one should try it once in a while! but i use that thread because i like to learn more about ppl on this forum. i didnt even know about the post count untill now! dont delet that thread!

If you want i could go inactive for about a month or until i average sub 1 :D

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a lot of good threads, that's true, but there's also a lot of threads like...
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5963
Yeah.

excuse me but isnt it a nice, friendly type forum?
geez.. i was just bored and felt like maybe hearing some things that could make me laugh with that topic, and i really did which actually helped cheer me up because i was down at the moment. and had NO INTENSION AT ALL for just getting more STUPID post counts so why blame me?

jesus christ...

hawkmp4

That's just one example... its not like that's the only useless thread.
I know I sound like I have something stuck up my ***. That's fine. It gets irritating trying to find an intelligent conversation around here sometimes...

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's just one example... its not like that's the only useless thread.
I know I sound like I have something stuck up my ***. That's fine. It gets irritating trying to find an intelligent conversation around here sometimes...

yeah cause u know complaining about it, and being kinda of stuck up about it, just makes things SOOO much better :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.