• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello ! I've got quite an important question : does it really matter where i get my algorithms from and if it does where should i get them from ?
I began learning 1 look oll with jperm's video but i hesitate to switch to either his website or algdb.net to learn the rest of them. Like can one source be objectively better than an other or should i just try a bunch of them and see which one fits me the most ?
Thanks in advance !
No, it doesn't matter where you get them from - if they're good. Try different ones, see which you like.

OldSwiss

The algs are the same on all websites.
If you take one, recommended by Jperm or Feliks, you know at least that some top players use this alg and if there are youtube videos, you can see the fingertricks

I usually search algs on https://speedcubedb.com/
There you can see how many cubers use these algs, for the most popular there are youtube videos and when I was a beginner I was happy about the 3D Animations of the algs.
You can even make your own alg sheets and watch the alg sheets of the top players.

Thom S.

The algs don't matter to an extend. Sure it doesn't matter if you use AlgDB, CubeDB, JPerms Website, Cubeskills or many updated Google Spreadsheets roaming around the internet.
However, websites like Sarah's, Vandenbergh's, Gilles Roux', Jaapsch, Jessica Fridrich's or in many cases this Wiki aren't seen as contemporary anymore.