• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey I am now averaging about 35 sec and I can't improve.... I think it's the last layer I am struggling with because I can complete first two layers within 22 sec (mostly 20 sec but at times I mess up:p ) please help...... And what would be ideal solve time for a guy who has first two layers within 22 sec??

Generally work on lookahead and cut down on rotations during F2L. For last layer, I'd recommend working on full PLL if you don't know it already (assuming you've already learned 4LLL).

Can you post a video of a couple solves? That's the only way to really give specific tips.

Danyon Ebert

Any tips for the CFOP method i know many of the oll algs but every time i try to learn a new one i forget another one and does f2l have any algorithms that i can just memorize to put pieces where i want them

Are there just any tips in general that will help me memorize algorithms or any videos that can help

THX

aNub

Any tips for the CFOP method i know many of the oll algs but every time i try to learn a new one i forget another one and does f2l have any algorithms that i can just memorize to put pieces where i want them

Are there just any tips in general that will help me memorize algorithms or any videos that can help

THX

I'm not a pro solver, but learn intuitive F2L as long as it is efficient (mine isn't). Practise the F2L long enough and you will eventually remember each case by your muscle memory. PLL in my opinion should be learnt before the OLL. Do not learn too many algs at once. One per day is enough.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well..... An average solve:)

Ok so to start with please learn better algs: especially that U-perm.
Other stuff:
1) You seem to appear to suffer from what I call "tick-tock turning". This is where the actual turns you make are pretty fast but overall your tps is not all that high because the moves are pretty disjointed. Try turning slower and making sure the moves flow into each other.
2) Your lookahead could use a little work so you don't pause between F2L pairs. This could reasonably easily be helped by practising slow turning (see Chris Olsen's video for what slow turning really is).
3) Practise your algs in general so the whole alg is more or less one smooth motion rather than trigger regrip trigger. This could also help when learning algs as there may well be better ways to fingertrick the algs.

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you use 2-look PLL.
And you use F,R,L moves to do your U perm.
But you should use this ones-
U(a) R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R'
U(b) R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2.
These are lot faster than the ones you use.
I would counter and say that the M U version of U Perms are faster! Here they are (if interested):

Ua (bar in the back): M2 U M U2 M' U M2

Ub (bar in the back): M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2

INeedCubes

I always use my left hand to insert. I guess i dont like to insert with my right hand. Any suggestion? If i always do this, ill end up with cube rotations.

xyzzy

Guys am i supposed to perform algs as fast i can or kinda slow but smooth??
If you're impatient and want faster times now, slow and smooth. (Remember, every lockup costs you time. It doesn't matter how high your burst TPS is if your cube suddenly decides you're turning too roughly and refuses to move.)

If you want long-term improvement, drill the algs at maximum speed until they become fast and smooth.

Dude Blu

If you're impatient and want faster times now, slow and smooth. (Remember, every lockup costs you time. It doesn't matter how high your burst TPS is if your cube suddenly decides you're turning too roughly and refuses to move.)

If you want long-term improvement, drill the algs at maximum speed until they become fast and smooth.

Which one do you reccomend..??