• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DanCube

I need help getting fast at solving the Rubik's Cube

Hey Guys,
I need help solving the Rubik's Cube faster.
So far I solve in 30-45 seconds, my best 33 seconds.
I was wondering if any one would help me get faster.
I personal think I'm a bit slow on f2l.
My best f2l solve plus cross is like 15 seconds, my cross takes like 5 seconds.
F2l 20-25 seconds.
My OLL takes about 5 seconds and PLL takes around 10 seconds

If anyone can help me in any part of the CFOP method please help.

Artic

These type of questions are asked frequently. But the best thing anyone could tell you is:

1) Practice
2) Learn algs
3) Go to step 1

Future Cuber

1.Practise F2L
2.Practise LL
3.Practise
4.Improve recognition
And repeat....
All you can do right now ....at your speed ..is practise

DanCube

These type of questions are asked frequently. But the best thing anyone could tell you is:

1) Practice
2) Learn algs
3) Go to step 1

Thank you
I will do what you say.
Learn algs, I can learn a lot more thanks for the help!

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seems like your cross needs a lot of work - try working out the best crosses you can (~7-8 moves is fairly typical i think) untimed. By best I don't necessarily mean the most efficient, but rather find the best compromise between efficiency and ergonomics, so the solution is both relatively short and easy to execute. And then when it comes to speedsolving, work out all of your cross solution during inspection (don't worry if it takes longer than 15 seconds at first, that's what practise is for!), so you can execute it quickly without thinking.

Also it seems like your PLL needs work ^^

How to get faster at 3x3x3?

I have been cubing for the last two years. I dont use 2look pll or 2look oll and use f2l. my time is about 40 seconds. How can I reduce the time. I am getting my Zhanchi delivered tomorrow. Right now, i am using a shengshou wind. Thnx in advance.

hkpeople

Just a heads up, getting the Zhanchi won't drastically decrease your times.

And yeah 4LLL then full PLL.
Don't skimp on the cross and F2L, especially F2L. Getting good at F2L will decrease your times the most.

Meow

WCA
2015SANC11
This tip is for cubers who know full oll and pll. Once you know full oll and pll, start learning ways to force oll skips, such as alternate last pair insertions(such as triple sledgehammer), winter variation, and even non-winter variation oll skip cases. Also, learn ways to force a pll skip.

chavita356

I need some help, please!!

Hi everyone, i am new to this site, and also new to solving cubes, not a speedsolver since it takes me over a minute, i need help on how to bring down my times, my best was 1:10, y use f2l and for the last layer i do the cross with the alg FRUR'U'F' and then i orient the edges with the beginner method the one where i need to match to blocks , after that i i do corner pll with the basic alg wich is D'RDR' andso and so on, wich method you guys recomend, i already know oll , like 5 algs, pretty much 2l oll, and also what do you guys recommend practicing, i do the cros in like 6 seconds, and f2l takes the longest i would say 30 or 35 seconds,thank everyone for your regards!!!

Fawn

My absolute best suggestion for improving f2l is to watch example solves from fast people, namely Feliks Zemdegs, Mats Valk, etc. Simply watching them can greatly open your mind about new and efficient ways of creating and inserting F2L pairs.

As for the last layer, I recommend learning more algorithms, especially corner orientation. The method you're using for solving corners is through using commutators, which are significantly slower than orienting all the corners in a single algorithm. Overall, the best way to practice is to simply solve the cube a lot. Oftentimes, it is best to turn slowly and pay attention to what you are doing. If something seems slow and/or inefficient, then work on that for a while.

I'm gonna be honest here, even if a bit brutal, but this post is a bit hard for me to follow, and some parts didn't make sense to me. Sorry to sound mean. All harshness aside, welcome to the forum, and you'll find plenty of help around here as you improve!

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so right now I'm getting a lot of sub 15 averages of 5/12, but I'm not consistent. Doing a ton of untimed slow solves to practice look ahead helped alot. I have had 2 sub 15 avg100 so far, but I didn't time myself too much outside of these 2. I still get a lot of 16-19s solves.
Sometimes my lookahead works, sometimes it doesn't, and I fall back into the habbit of looking at what I solve, or I just "zone out" for some reason. Also I lock up a lot when timing, and my LL is far from as good as it could be(experience from casual solving) when it comes to recognition and execution.

As soon as it got to trying to be sub 20, just timing solves a ton didn't work anymore to improve. The same goes for trying to get sub 15. Could it be that right now, timing a ton would actually help me get consitent to the point in which I could confidentaly say that I'm sub 15?

donal56

My PB is 31 s and my average 45-48s, how much better do you think I could get if I buy a new cube? (I use an oxxo cube= cheap and inestable)

MikamiHero

WCA
2010LIRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My PB is 31 s and my average 45-48s, how much better do you think I could get if I buy a new cube? (I use an oxxo cube= cheap and inestable)

Investing in a new cube might help slightly, but you'll ultimately want to learn more algorithms and practice more. New hardware won't really contribute much until you have a better understanding of how everything on the cube works.