• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PoHos1

WCA
2013POHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
slowest part ?? help

hallo all .. I want to be sub15 and I have this time distribution (all is avg12)

cross :1.38 (easy cross)
F2L: 8.44
OLL: 1.95
PLL: 2.25

it is measured in Prisma Puzzle timer...

thx for help

ajayd

Looks to me like you're already sub 15. Add up your times and you get around 14 seconds.

Litz

I mean to .. but hwo to finde harder cross ?
You said "all is avg12" but I'm assuming you only solved once for each step, as you say you got an easy cross (unless you got 12 easy crosses, I guess). Do an average of a decent number for each step if you want to actually see where you stand (a single solve is pointless).

speedpicker

hallo all .. I want to be sub15 and I have this time distribution (all is avg12)

cross :1.38 (easy cross)
F2L: 8.44
OLL: 1.95
PLL: 2.25

it is measured in Prisma Puzzle timer...

thx for help

If you are into timing splits, I humbly recommend you check out this thread:

http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?39406-A-method-of-CFOP-speedcubing-training-that-yields-systematic-progress

I am sure you will find something on there that is relevant, you can download my solve analyser, and if you post your split times (no prisma easy cross, regular 3x3 scrambles please!) I will be more than happy to post a detailed and thorough analysis of your CFOP skill set.

algsforlulz

F2L trouble

Hi, I'm just getting into speed cubing and I use 2 look OLL/PLL and I have great recognition when it comes to 4LL but my F2L lacks a lot any ways that I can practice to improve my F2L time? I currently do F2L (including cross) in 25-29 seconds and my 4LL in about 10

MWilson

Can you post an example solve? Just the cross and F2L is fine.

To be clear I just mean a written example. It doesn't have to be a video.

Last edited:

Zhanchi man

Become used to all the cases that come up with f2l and some useful algorithms that can be found around the web. Also just practice practice practice. Annoying yes but with practice you will get better. good luck! :)

TwisterTimmy

Hi, I'm just getting into speed cubing and I use 2 look OLL/PLL and I have great recognition when it comes to 4LL but my F2L lacks a lot any ways that I can practice to improve my F2L time? I currently do F2L (including cross) in 25-29 seconds and my 4LL in about 10

Hey, I also had this problem where my F2L was bringing my time down by ALOT, and I recently improved by a few seconds, bringing my F2L to about 22 seconds slowest :p I know, its not too fast, but its still improving!

What you do is practice to look ahead during F2L, turn slowly, but dont EVER pause to look for pieces. The idea is that you already know how to solve your next pair before completing your current pair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfE7jYOXbgg This is a good tutorial from Pcwizcube, it helped me out quite a bit.

It takes time, practice and commitment, but it does bear great results, because once you can look ahead, you spend more time solving the cube, rather than pausing and looking for pieces! And to show you the effects of having great look ahead, PCwizcube made a great video too, which another user on this forum showed me! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7sC-kaz62E&list=PLC3442D43F98CC0A6&index=6

-TwisterTimmy

algsforlulz

I'll make a video of a slow solve, I'm pretty sure my problem is that I don't really know my cases that well so I might have to resort to a longer way of bringing together a pair.

This helped a lot! I went slow when solving and examined all my moves without pausing and I did it for like an hour and then tried solving normal and I noticed that the time came down a couple seconds because I wasn't looking for pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:

KimJongIl

the sensible thing to do is learn some algs for the harder cases. they're not that much harder than oll's and can be learned through intuition. or you could possibly learn how to insert pieces from different perspectives. that'll help son

CHJ

WCA
2012HALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the sensible thing to do is learn some algs for the harder cases. they're not that much harder than oll's and can be learned through intuition. or you could possibly learn how to insert pieces from different perspectives. that'll help son

Alg learning HAAAA says the guy who doesnt know full OLL and PLL, what people need is lookahead, that can really only be gained through practice

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am at step 3: 30-39 sec avg (low 30's). My f2l including cross is ~20-25 sec. LL is about 10. I know full pll and 2LOLL. How can I improve? And don't just say practice. What should I practice?

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am at step 3: 30-39 sec avg (low 30's). My f2l including cross is ~20-25 sec. LL is about 10. I know full pll and 2LOLL. How can I improve? And don't just say practice. What should I practice?

Practice F2L and LL recognition + fingertricks (basically everything) I'd say F2l is the most important (lookahead). I dropped my average from your averages to about 25 by practicing F2L.

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Practice F2L and LL recognition + fingertricks (basically everything) I'd say F2l is the most important (lookahead). I dropped my average from your averages to about 25 by practicing F2L.

I don't think ll recognition is bad. It is just alg speed. How can I improve that? Lookahead is pretty bad. I am going to work on that.