• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Delete Your Own Post

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have seen lots of people saying, "Can someone delete my post for me?" (Example). I find that annoying how people don't know how to delete their own posts, because it's so obvious. So I've decided to make a guide on it.

Step 1

Edit the post you wish to delete.
DeletePost1.jpg

Step 2

Click the "Delete" button in the edit screen.
DeletePost2.jpg

Step 3

Select the "Delete Message" Option
DeletePost3.jpg

Step 4

Click the "Delete Message" button.
DeletePost4.jpg

Congratulations! You have deleted YOUR OWN post!!!

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I'll move this to announcements. The How-To guides are for puzzle-related things. How to delete your post is also found in the FAQ, which is a FAQ for general forum usage.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll move this to announcements. The How-To guides are for puzzle-related things. How to delete your post is also found in the FAQ, which is a FAQ for general forum usage.
Oh okay. Thank You. But almost no one here reads the FAQ (I've read some of it).

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sweet! Is there also a way to delete your own threads?

Not if someone has viewed your thread. No. I, IMO, think they should change this, however.

This is a fairly old thread, and the word sweet isn't very needed. The question however, is somewhat related. Please try not to bump an old thread unless needed.
Also, Please use the One answer question thread next time for an easy question.

EDIT: Darn it, Edward!

@Dan So we aren't supposed to be helpful to members? You would rather us report a thread, unneededly, and waste the moderators' time?

Last edited:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
no... This is 100% an appropriate bump. Please don't moderate for us moderators.

As to the question, I don't think there is a way for users to delete their own threads anymore. If you would like a thread deleted, send the mods a message.

Cubes4Speed

WCA
2014HUNT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I followed this procedure to delete a post (reply) of mine on my puzzle page, but instead of deleting just that reply, it deleted the original post too. Which is first post/ thread starter in the puzzle shop forum. Is there any way to restore it?