• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best timer to create excel chart to track times/averages etc

tweeg88

For a while now i have been using cstimer. I love it and does everything in need, but lately i have been looking for a timer that gives me the options to use my solve times in excel so i can keep track of my progress.

csTimer has a export to csv option but it boggles my mind and i have no idea how to use it.
Timeyourcube has a nice export option. Basically what i would like to have but i dont like the timer itself too much.
Prismapuzzletimer does give me a csv file but i can only use it on a computer that has the timer.

Does anyone know what the best/easiest way is or what timer to use to be able to analyse my times in excel? Or what do you guys use?

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
If you view your history in Prisma, you can click on the table of times, press Ctrl A to select them all, and then press Ctrl C to copy them. You can then paste all of your times into Excel.

I combine times from Prisma from two different computers together with a CSV exported to an app on my phone, and use that data to plot graphs like the one linked to in my signature.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Take cstimer and uncheck all the boxes in the statistics in settings. When you click on the session thingy underneath all the times, it will pull up the page with all of your current and best single/mo3/ao5/etc. Scroll down and now you will find that your times will be listed in a huge block, with each time separated with a comma. Then you just copy paste that.

deadcat

For the technically inclined, cstimer exports the data as JSON. It's possible to parse the JSON into a table.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Which app do you use to plot the graph in your signature?
I don't use any app. I paste times from a couple different sources into an Excel spreadsheet which does some simple calculations to give my current and best averages of 5, 12, 100 and 1000. Then every couple of months, I save the results of the Excel spreadsheet to a TSV file and run this Python script to generate the graph using Matplotlib.