• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tony Fisher's World's Largest Rubik's Cube!

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
No tricks, no jokes, no April Fools, nothing pseudo. My 100% genuine fully functional 1.56m / 5 feet 1 inch Rubik's Cube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
In this case, knowing an efficient sequence to make a checkerboard pattern saves your back! Algorithm move efficiency has more applications than just for the sake of fewest moves and/or speed!

By the way, I love your neighborhood. What a dream!:)

Also, your voice is perfect for making professional documentary narrations!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
In this case, knowing an efficient sequence to make a checkerboard pattern saves your back! Algorithm move efficiency has more applications than just for the sake of fewest moves and/or speed!

By the way, I love your neighborhood. What a dream!:)

Also, your voice is perfect for making professional documentary narrations!
I think the most common alg for checkerboard is optimal?

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tony Fisher's WORLD'S LARGEST RUBIK'S CUBE !!!

That thing is so cool! I hope you get the Guinness World Record for it. Thanks for posting this. You make the cubing community so much fun with your exciting puzzles and inventions!

I think the most common alg for checkerboard is optimal?

It is. If you were to fully scramble this cube, then you may want to solve that state fewest moves style before executing it on the big cube, though :) I think that's what Chris is referring to.

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
LOL they would let you bring that to a comp? That's hilarious.
This is not a "reasonable" size, and good luck finding a delegate willing to let you use this thing for official solves at a comp, get someone willing to scramble it, find a big enough cube cover and table/space. It would be funny to see Tony try to use this cube at an official comp though lol.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
This would be a sick mystery event at a comp.

Just picture it, after the main events are over, you assembled into teams.
Suddenly you go into another room and there are giant cubes that need to be solved.
First team to solve gets a prize!

That would be legendary!