• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 time to 3x3 time ratio (and new Question of the Week series?)

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I thought it would be a good idea to start my own Question of the Week series. I've asked a few questions on this forum, but now I want to make it a regular thing.

This week's question is: What is the ratio of your 2x2 global average to your 3x3 global average? For 2x2,
I average 6 seconds, and on 3x3 around 16. So my ratio would be 6:16, or 3:8.

Let me know if you want me to continue this series.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello. I kind of realize now that this is pointless.
Have a look at the analysis linked in the third post. It's interesting and answers your question based on proper data and a decent sample set, the WCA database. What's pointless is collecting individual data samples through this thread, which will be tedious and unreliable and nobody will do anything with the data anyway.

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
5:15 (Yes easy calculation) 1:5

Edit: :3 How did I even manage to get 96% in Math... Lol that should be 1:3. I just looked to far without thinking and divided by 5, and put 5 on the other side

Last edited: