• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi

PyrbatNeoxi

WCA
2016HAMI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone :3

My name is Ben, or MLGSheep1, and I figured I would introduce myself.

So I've only been speedcubing for around a month now, my best time is 31 seconds, and my current average is around 45 seconds for 3x3.
Alongside the 3x3 (of which I have a Rubik's Speedcube, a YJ GuanLong and a Moyu AoLong V2), I also regularly solve a Moyu Pyraminx (30 seconds avg.), a Moyu LingPo 2x2 (15 seconds avg) and a Rubik's brand 5x5 (14 minutes avg.), and I plan on getting a Yuxin 4x4/5x5, a Megaminx and a V-cube 7 at some point in the future.

Besides cubing, I also have an interest in Arch Linux and bash scripting. I plan on learning more about programming, HTML/CSS specifically.

Also, I live in Northern Ohio in the US. I know it isn't relevant, but I added it anyway.

So, hi.

EDIT: I have a new 3X3 Best: 30.11, as well as a new Avg: 39.59

EDIT 2: New Best: 23.08, 31.05 Avg.

And also, I gave up on the YuXin 4x4 and went with a GuanSu, it's decent.

Last edited:

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Best.
Username.
Ever.

Also, the Shengshou 7x7 and the MoYu AoFu cost less than the V-Cube 7, and they're both much better. imo you should get the AoFu if you're willing to spend over $40 on a 7x7.

PyrbatNeoxi

WCA
2016HAMI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the advice. I found a ShengShou 7x7 online for around $20, so I'll go with that. I probably won't need an AoFu just because I don't plan on speedsolving 7x7 to the point where it would make much of a difference, at least not enough of a difference that it would be worth spending an extra $20, but thanks for the suggestion =3

Best.
Username.
Ever.

Also, the Shengshou 7x7 and the MoYu AoFu cost less than the V-Cube 7, and they're both much better. imo you should get the AoFu if you're willing to spend over $40 on a 7x7.

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
huh that's a pretty great username, and those are some good times for a month, I'm interested to see how you progress, best of luck and welcome to the forums! which method do you use by the way?

PyrbatNeoxi

WCA
2016HAMI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! I have better times now, obviously. My 3x3 Best Single is 23.08, which I got yesterday, and my average is usually around 33 seconds.

For the method I use, I typically use CFOP when speedsolving, but when I don't care about times, I use a variation of CFOP I came up with, where I build two 1x2x3 blocks like in Roux, use U and M turns to build the rest of the first two layers, and then go on to 2-Look OLL and (nearly) Full PLL. CFOP is my speedsolving method though.