• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guoguan Yuexiao Lubrication

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11
1) whats the difference between weight 4 and 5
2) which lubes(cubicle) should i use for lubing yuexiao- core and pieces
3) if i use 4/5 for core and 1/2 for pieces for any cube how often do i need to completely disassemble, clean and lube it (because this is the first time im using cubicle, earlier i just used to lube using maru)

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
1. Weight 5 is thicker
2. Traxxas 50k is great for both pieces and core
3. After you lube the core, you will almost never need to relube it. The lube on the pieces however will dry out after about a month in my experience.

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11
1. Weight 5 is thicker
2. Traxxas 50k is great for both pieces and core

Can I use any cubicle lubes instead of traxxas??
And like what's the difference observed in the feel of the cube if we use weight 5 instead of 4??
And which weight is recommended for the core, 4 or 5?

ZZTrooper

WCA
2015HOKE01
Can I use any cubicle lubes instead of traxxas??
And like what's the difference observed in the feel of the cube if we use weight 5 instead of 4??
And which weight is recommended for the core, 4 or 5?

Traxxas 50k is basically the same as weight 5
If weight 5 is used on the pieces, it will be gummier than if weight 4 is used. Generally, both 4 and 5 make the cube slow, but after breaking it in they can make the cube extremely fast.
For the core, either is fine but most people use weight 5. The thicker the better for the core

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
I lubed the core on mine with Cubicle weight 5 just to get ride of the spring noise. Out of the box speed/tensions were actually pretty close to perfect for me.

After putting it back together and setting the tensions it was still pretty fast so I didn't even bother lubing the pieces. It has a little bit of a dry feeling which is accentuated by the sound the hollow corners make. I might put some weight 3 or 4 on the pieces just to improve the feel/sound of it, but it's fast enough as-is.