• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to make a 3x3x5 out of two 3x3s?

rouxsolver293

I saw a video of a 3x3x5 and the guy said it was extended using 2 diansheng 3x3x3s.

I searched for tutorials to make a 3x3x5 but you need a 3x3x4 and spare peices / witeden supercube and i just want to get 2 dianshengs because its cheaper.

Can someone link a tutorial, or tell me how to make one? (I'm planning to get 2 dianshengs)

Thanks!

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm, I do have an eastsheen and shengshou 5x5 laying around.

Do you have a video/ can you tell me the basic steps?
I don't have a video of the construction but I have a (very old) demo- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC22ZxaPGT0 . It's a case of using plastic sheet and cutting down areas of the 5x5x5 to allow movement. I used Eastsheen 5x5x5s to make a batch of these. I prefer this techniques since you don't interfere with the mechanism or have to partially create a new one as you do using Rubik's Cubes. It is quite a long process to be honest and takes a bit of practice to get right. The cubies are also larger.