• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

365 One Cube Multi BLD Year Long Project

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,
So as a lot of you know I successfully did a year delay 3BLD and I am attempting a year delay 5BLD and 6BLD this year. Well in addiction to the 5BLD and 6BLD I am also doing a 365 one cube multi blind. Every day I will memorize one scramble and at the end of the year I will apply every scramble to a single cube and solve for each scramble. This will require 100% accuracy because if I mess up a single one the cube won't be solved. I will try to avoid memorizing each scramble for more than 10 minutes a day. I think anything past that would be silly and in fact I will be aiming for less each day. Since this project requires memorizing every single day I cant exactly post a video of memorizing so instead I am making this thread to share and give updates. I am really looking forward to this though and testing my memory limits. I hope you guys are looking forward to it as well.

Artic

That's pretty nuts. Is it possible? Yeah. Can you do it? Sure. But do you have the resolve and dedication to see it out successfully? We shall see. In any case, good luck :)

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How are you even going to do any normal BLD the whole year

and are you going to do all of execution in one sitting? 30 second execution for each cube would be over 3 hours of execution...

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
Sydney... Do you actually think it's worth it? The time you spend memoing will be insane.. The last two months will be reviewing over 300 cubes a day.. If you review each one in 30 seconds it's still an hour and a half of memo a day! Besides a ton of recognition and getting called insane a lot, what are you getting out of this? I guess a lot of satisfaction if you do it successfully, but seriously, what are the chances of that. Approximately 4000 letter pairs to memorize,and like what, 36,000 moves to execute? The chances of just slipping once during exec, or making one tiny mistake during memo, or making one small mistake scrambling and you've wasted hundreds of hours of your life. I think the 5BLD and 6BLD attempts are really cool and a great idea, but this is too far Sydney..

Last edited:

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How are you even going to do any normal BLD the whole year

and are you going to do all of execution in one sitting? 30 second execution for each cube would be over 3 hours of execution...
Well since i will be using different rooms and after a point i will "clear out" those rooms when the memo becomes more like a random blurp of words it will be easy doing normal bld. And as for exe well hey why not. 3 hours isnt that long really. And if it is just once next year then why not
That's pretty nuts. Is it possible? Yeah. Can you do it? Sure. But do you have the resolve and dedication to see it out successfully? We shall see. In any case, good luck :)
Well i dont see why i wont. and thank you very much!
Will you still use OP corners/turbo edges for the execution? Because that was painful to watch even with a single cube.
M2/OP though i see many comms being added
Sydney... Do you actually think it's worth it? The time you spend memoing will be insane.. The last two months will be reviewing over 300 cubes a day.. If you review each one in 30 seconds it's still an hour and a half of memo a day! Besides a ton of recognition and getting called insane a lot, what are you getting out of this? I guess a lot of satisfaction if you do it successfully, but seriously, what are the chances of that. Approximately 4000 letter pairs to memorize,and like what, 36,000 moves to execute? The chances of just slipping once during exec, or making one tiny mistake during memo, or making one small mistake scrambling and you've wasted hundreds of hours of your life. I think the 5BLD and 6BLD attempts are really cool and a great idea, but this is too far Sydney..

A Speedsolving Wiki Page. That is what i will gain and it will be amazing.

On a serious note it actually will not take that much time each day. For the cube i did last year at first when i reviewed it i had to think about the images but after a while it just became this quick blurp of words i could spit out in less than 5 seconds. Also i wont HAVE to review each cube every day or spend all my time doing it. I can watch TV, do solves, or whatever while reviewing. It will just become braindead. And what will i gain? I'm not sure, i have always liked pushing limits and this is pushing limits for myself and others. Because really there is no limit. Why hold back

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
A Speedsolving Wiki Page. That is what i will gain and it will be amazing.

On a serious note it actually will not take that much time each day. For the cube i did last year at first when i reviewed it i had to think about the images but after a while it just became this quick blurp of words i could spit out in less than 5 seconds. Also i wont HAVE to review each cube every day or spend all my time doing it. I can watch TV, do solves, or whatever while reviewing. It will just become braindead. And what will i gain? I'm not sure, i have always liked pushing limits and this is pushing limits for myself and others. Because really there is no limit. Why hold back

Alright, that makes sense. I would love to believe you have a chance of succeeding, but I'm afraid I cannot. :(

At the end are you going to be doing every scramble for all the cubes before all the executions, or are you going to do each scramble before each execution?

adimare

WCA
2011MARE02
At the end are you going to be doing every scramble for all the cubes before all the executions, or are you going to do each scramble before each execution?

Either of those would be silly. He could just generate 365 scrambles right now, and then use cube explorer to figure out how to get to to the cube state that can be solved by solving those 365 scrambles in a row. That way his setup would be <= 20 moves instead of thousands of moves.

Let me know if you're interested and I could generate those for you in a couple of min.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Execution is going to be a weird one to watch. It will be impossible to tell if you made any mistakes until the 365th solve - the rest of the time will just look like 3 hours of hand scrambling.

Where are you going to find so many rooms and how will you make sure you recall them in order?

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
5BLD and 6BLD is awesome. But this is just silly.

Going on the fact that it took you 1:28 to execute your 3BLD after a year (which even for a sub-1 solver is overly safe, but sure), being generous and assuming it takes 1 minute to execute each scramble, that's 6 hours of execution. To think that you won't make a single mistake, considering how easy it is to make mistakes in MultiBLD, is...crazy. Because you're basically doing a 365 cube Multi.

Imagine putting that same metal effort into learning a language? Or learning 3-style? Or ZBLL? Or OLLCP?

I like muchacho's 52 cube idea better.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
5BLD and 6BLD is awesome. But this is just silly.

Going on the fact that it took you 1:28 to execute your 3BLD after a year (which even for a sub-1 solver is overly safe, but sure), being generous and assuming it takes 1 minute to execute each scramble, that's 6 hours of execution. To think that you won't make a single mistake, considering how easy it is to make mistakes in MultiBLD, is...crazy. Because you're basically doing a 365 cube Multi.

Imagine putting that same metal effort into learning a language? Or learning 3-style? Or ZBLL? Or OLLCP?

I like muchacho's 52 cube idea better.

This basically.

It will take an insane amount of time.

The amount of words/images wont be any kind o a problem since you have a whole year to do that.

What is going to be a problem is execution. There is no way that you get every single move correct... Sorry, but that is just how it is. 365 cubes is so f*ing many...
At 80 moves/cube you need to execute 29200 moves WITHOUT MISSING A SINGLE ONE... You are almost guaranteed to lose focus and/or slip at some point...

BUT all that said IF this would succeed it would be awesome