• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Moyu Aolong GT

How would you rate this puzzle?

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the Aolong GT. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

Where the puzzle was purchased:
When the puzzle was purchased:
Thoughts on the puzzle:

What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cube has a nice feel to it and is also very fast. Out of the box, the tensions were loose and it was giving me lots of lockups but after tensioning it, lockups have subsided. There should not be issues with corner twists with the squarish corners of the GT and pops are impossible to do with this. The speed is nice and fast and is comparable to Hualong but the feel of the cube seems like a Gans and a well broken in fangshi, just less scratchy. Also, the stickers are dull and seem like the dayan shades and similar to the gans 357 and the fangshi shuangren however most people will just replace it. When going slow, you can feel the smooth feeling of the Aolong v2 however when going fast, the majority of it is the Gans feel. Still, the cube feels smooth while turning and I love how it feels. It is also fast but not uncontrollably fast.
Overall rating: A

Last edited by a moderator:

lazycuber1216

WCA
2008POLI01
Does it flex? I'm so confused when people describe a cube as stable yet it flexes everywhere. A.k.a meiying or gans 356

I'd say it this way:

Tanglong - very minimal flex
Meiying - can flex
356 - very flexible

Aolong GT has flex about in between Tanglong and Meiying

Source: Aolong GT is my main, Tanglong being my backup. Meiying and 356 were past mains.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
I'd say it this way:

Tanglong - very minimal flex
Meiying - can flex
356 - very flexible

Aolong GT has flex about in between Tanglong and Meiying

Source: Aolong GT is my main, Tanglong being my backup. Meiying and 356 were past mains.

So it flexes about the same as the aolong v2 then? [emoji16]

I always wanted the Tanglong to be faster but it's my favorite cube based on feel. Super smooth and clicky. Wanted to get an Aolong GT but reviews say that other reviews aren't accurate when they describe the GT as a faster Tanglong.

lazycuber1216

WCA
2008POLI01
So it flexes about the same as the aolong v2 then? [emoji16]

I always wanted the Tanglong to be faster but it's my favorite cube based on feel. Super smooth and clicky. Wanted to get an Aolong GT but reviews say that other reviews aren't accurate when they describe the GT as a faster Tanglong.

Yes! maybe a small bit more since the springs are thin and soft but more or less yes

The tanglong is good in it's own right, ocassionaly love solving it when im sick with my GT, the aolong is more rounded tho and the tanglong is blocky. not that it's a bad thing, just describing how it feels.

Someonex2000

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello friend, nice review but one thing caught my eye. I am kind of BJ and a noob at photoediting, how did you create that thumbnail? I would love to make it for my videos too. Thank you :)

I just now saw that it was your thumbnail... Sorry, I found it random on internet.
If you want I will remove it :) Sorry again.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just now saw that it was your thumbnail... Sorry, I found it random on internet.
If you want I will remove it :) Sorry again.

Haha no no, its okay. You can use it :) What matters is the video content. Thanks for the reply :)
But I am glad you found my thumbnail nice. Thank you for using it ^_^