• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2016 - July 29 - 31, Portland, Oregon

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Start growing your mustaches and break out the old unicycle, US Nationals 2016 will be held 7/29/16-7/31/16 at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport in Portland, Oregon.

Get excited, guys! US Nationals 2016 is booked and will be announced in the coming weeks, with an anticipated but not guaranteed announcement on 1/1/16 as we tie up some loose ends.

In anticipation, or to force anticipation upon you, we will be releasing hints (starting with the extremely unhelpful) about its location.

Clue #1 (12/17) - Nationals will be hosted in the contiguous United States. No McMurdo Station... this year.

Clue #2 (12/18) - US Nationals 2016 will not be held in a state capital.

Clue #3 (12/19) - US Nationals 2016 will be held in a state that was admitted to the US in the 19th century.

Clue #4 (12/20) - US Nationals 2016 will be held in a city that is home to at least one Big Four (NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL) team.

Clue #5 (12/21) - US Nationals 2016 will be held in a city that has held at least one tournament in 2015.

Clue #6 (12/22) - US Nationals 2016 will not share a city with any version of Shamu.

Clue #7 (12/22) - US Nationals 2016 will be held in a state that hasn't hosted US Nationals before.

See the live results here:
http://cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=1639

Last edited by a moderator:

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome. I'm gonna take a wild guess (I don't have any insider info, btw) and see if I'm right: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA
By the way, I guessed because it was the first thing I pointed to on Google maps. Yes, my eyes were closed.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome. I'm gonna take a wild guess (I don't have any insider info, btw) and see if I'm right: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA
By the way, I guessed because it was the first thing I pointed to on Google maps. Yes, my eyes were closed.

Lol. They have a visitor center by old faithful that might be able to have a 20 person comp...

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
I'm a datahead so yeah
I averaged the latitudes and longitudes of everyone's guesses and got this:
Box Elder County, Utah

Well now we know a useless thing that will change next time someone guesses.