• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I'm back..!

CuberCat

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you remember me, but I was here a while maybe around 2 years ago. With high school finished, and 3 months all to myself, there is no better time for me to get back into cubing.

Back in my day, the Dayan Zhanchi was unstoppable, and the Australian dollar was high (allowing me to buy moar cubes). ShengShou was making their name in the cubing world, as V-Cube was approaching their demise.

So...what's changed?

From what I remember:

3 x 3: PB - ~35 secs, Ave - ~45 secs (Now I'm at like ~60 secs)

4 x 4: PB - ~ 2 mins

5 x 5: PB - ~ 9 mins

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you remember me, but I was here a while maybe around 2 years ago. With high school finished, and 3 months all to myself, there is no better time for me to get back into cubing.

Back in my day, the Dayan Zhanchi was unstoppable, and the Australian dollar was high (allowing me to buy moar cubes). ShengShou was making their name in the cubing world, as V-Cube was approaching their demise.

So...what's changed?

From what I remember:

3 x 3: PB - ~35 secs, Ave - ~45 secs (Now I'm at like ~60 secs)

4 x 4: PB - ~ 2 mins

5 x 5: PB - ~ 9 mins

Sigh... Australian dollar at the moment, is so bad. It sucks. Moyu, Yuxin and Qiyi are all pretty good companies. Australia, yay?

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
Well two weekends ago the 3x3 WR single was broken, with its first ever sub-5 offical solve of 4.90 seconds by Lucas Etter.

Not sure if you remember him, but Feliks Zemedegs has continued to get faster in more events,and currently holds 3x3 avg, 4x4 single, 5x5 single and avg, 6x6 avg, 7x7 single and average, and 3x3 OH single. He is generally considered to be the fastest overall cuber in history, and is from Australia too. Another fast Aussie you should keep an eye on is Jayden McNeil.

In terms of WCA events, magic was removed and skewb was added in 2014.

CuberCat

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well two weekends ago the 3x3 WR single was broken, with its first ever sub-5 offical solve of 4.90 seconds by Lucas Etter.

Not sure if you remember him, but Feliks Zemedegs has continued to get faster in more events,and currently holds 3x3 avg, 4x4 single, 5x5 single and avg, 6x6 avg, 7x7 single and average, and 3x3 OH single. He is generally considered to be the fastest overall cuber in history, and is from Australia too. Another fast Aussie you should keep an eye on is Jayden McNeil.

In terms of WCA events, magic was removed and skewb was added in 2014.

Yeah...I remember Feliks, looks like I haven't been gone that long. I just checked out the YouTube cubers I used to watch, and they all seem to still be active which is great.