• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Peach State Winter 2016 - February 6th, 2016

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Goals traiiiiiin
3x3: Don't fail, maybe comp PBs? bleh idk, for some reason idrc xD yyyyep 16 avg & mid14 single :D but no 13 single :(
4x4: hmmmmm sub-1:05 single? and sub-1:10 avg? Pretty optimistic but I think I can probs do it idk, I think my avg is sub1:10, as for single, MY COMP PB IS A +2 :D
Pyra: podium pls, if not then at least comp PBs brb finding a noose
Clock: Podium, I'll be disappointed if I don't, and GAR avg and single (that is if Jacob isn't 3fast5me) Carson's Clock sucks (sorry not sorry)
OH: oh god just please don't fail, make cutoff, get a decent avg 26/31 is decent enough

Also, I still really don't know with Clock, so if anyone has one but isn't competing (and it's comp legal) it would be great if I could use it :p

As for BLD, 8:58 off by 4 edges

rip p***m*** (don't say the name of that event in front of me pls)

b0ssGuy23

WCA
2015FAZE01
EDIT: Just fully registered!

Goals cause why not:
3x3: Sub 17 Average, new PB single would be nice
4x4: Sub Noah, and new PB's all around
Pyra: Sub 9 average, 6 single
OH: I'm pretty desperate, because averaging 32 and having an official 1:07 single is really sad. Anything sub 35 pretty much

Hope to see everybody there!

3x3 Round 1:
Pretty decent! 16.10 Comp PB average and a cool 14.85 single. Nothing special, but for a comp, I'll take what I can get. I was easily able to make 2nd round.

3x3 Round 2:
Bad. Bad. Bad. If I got what I normally averaged, I was able to make finals. RIP.

4x4:
Unfortunatley, not sub-Noah. But, I did get a 1:11 average and a 1:03 single! :D

3x3 OH Round 1:
Pretty good! 28 average and 24 single!

3x3 OH Finals:
NOPE

Pyraminx Round 1:
Sub 9 average, 5 single! :D Pretty happy about that.

Pyraminx Round 2:
Noah DNF'd :(((((( My average wasn't great.

Summary:
If there were 2 rounds, I did great in the first and bad in the 2nd.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, I'm doing my goals a bit differently this time. I don't expect to get most of these goals, but as long as any one of these happens, I'll be happy and won't care if I fail in every other event.

3x3: Sub-10 single
4x4: Sub-49 average
OH: sub-20 single
BLD: mean
Pyra: sub-5.8 average and podium
Multi: >13 points
Organizing: Add at least two extra rounds

Bolded are the ones I got. Considering these were my "if I get even one I'll be overjoyed" goals, 50% ain't bad at all.

DYK?
You can switch cubes in the middle of an average?
I announced about 5 lost cubes and maybe one was found?
I got a sub-10?
I got another sub-10?
It took over 30 minutes from the end of finals to awards because the printer messed up?
The winner's certificates were miniature and in a really stupid looking font because the printer messed up?

And a little story behind my sub-10:
Before 3x3 round 1, I was very calm and ready to solve. A minute or so after I put my cube down to be scrambled, I noticed my friend Maria, who had been getting the food ready for lunch, had come in to look at the competition. I waved at her and told to wait around for my solves. The second I did that I got butterflies in my stomach and realized I was not going to do well, and my first solve was a 14 with a Gb perm. Somehow, despite having that exact same feeling going into solve 2, I got a 9.74, fullstep with a Gb perm. I think it was the combination of my friend watching me and me finally overcoming nerves that made me react so strongly (video).

Last edited:

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Brief rundown of comp:
literally only one person got a non-negative number of points in MBLD, and it was 0 points (3/6)
Chris and Jacob swapped nametags, and mine was John Cena.
Ray FINALLY got a sub10 3x3 single
I dropped Bowen's cube
someone dropped someone else's cube (can't remember who)
Jordan failed to find a Clock to borrow
I failed to find a Clock to borrow
Chris made 2 heats of Clock (thanks chris :3)
He might as well not have
Katie got #2 Female WR avg
COUGHpyrafinalsCOUGH Katie got GAR single and average (pyra ofc)

And some quotes:
"I kind of want to lick someone."
"If you were a scramble, you'd be a misscramble."
"brb dying in a hole"
"It's an epidemic!"
"We're only 3 minutes behind schedule!"
"RAY! RAY!!!"
"JACOB! JACOB!!!"
"CHRIS! CHRIS!!!"
"NOAH! NOAH!!!"
"I get the most nervous at my only event."
"You lost a shoe."

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Long term goals:
3x3 - feel good about my solves, both pbs yeeeeee 10 single sub-14 average

Everything else was well awful

Also I deleted my goals -_-

edit: also my pbs single was cross on top whereas katie's was cross on bottom, what has this world come to?

Last edited: