• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Lucas Etter - 4.90 3x3 single!

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
As far as I know no one has ever gotten sub3 solve, except Lukáš Pohořelický.. and I bet he tried that scramble multiple times, so no.. sub3 is not going to happen ;)

Yeah, you have to take my words in the overall humorous sense of my post. I also really think sub-3 is next to impossible. But I would not say completely impossible, only "almost". If you think that some cubers have reached close to 10 TPS in some solves, that would mean in 2.9 seconds you can do a 25+ STM solve, which would be WCA legal.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! How many people will buy a cube because of that post? I've always wondered after each record how many people go buy a cube after some mainstream media. I remember years ago when that Pursuit of Happiness movie came out people were searching for "rubiks cube" on Google like crazy.

Ha it wasn't actually me, I just noticed the persons username is "deneb" which is quite the coincidence. But yes, I'd say that a good few thousand people who'll go out and buy a cube now.

turtwig

Wow, his best solve 4.90 was less than half his worst solve 10.94...

Good job to Lucas, good job to Keaton, and good luck to Feliks!

I'm quite late to the party but big congrats! OLLCP - is this a new cool thing to do? I have to look into this :)

OLLCP is nice, but its a pain to learn, 331 algs :( I am working on making a reduced version, but its taking longer than i would like (plus trying to figure out how to solve the cube in 20 moves is taking a lot of my time).