• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-cubers with a cube

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's probably happened to a ton of us. A non-cuber has wanted to see some of our cubes. Then they can do some pretty funny/interesting things. Here are some things that have happened to me.

-I was cubing with of my (at the time) non-cubing friends at a Mathcounts competition while the eighth-grade team took second place in the team round. Two of them wanted to try my Skewb. One of them found a good turning style, while the other... not so much. So now we call him a Skewb Noob. (I also call myself that from time to time.) Since then, I've taught 2 of them how to solve the 3x3.
-At lunch, I had my AoLong. My friend sitting next to me wanted to try something. He turned two adjacent faces over and over again 63 times and went insane when he solved it.
-I gave a kid in my homeroom my old Rubik's brand 2x2 and he smashed it on the ground in frustration. But hey, who likes Rubik's brands?
-Another friend of mine from Mathcounts tried my Pyraminx (which apparently is competition-illegal :(), and he started to speedscramble it. Then he did the same with my Megaminx. It was pretty fun to watch.
-Pretty much everybody in the world scrambles it 2-4 moves and then "solves" it. This has probably happened to all of us.

What happens when you let your cubes fall into the wrong hands?

youSurname

People turn them with their whole hand :(

Seriously though, generally they scramble them up (insisting I don't look) then demand I solve it.

OR

They spend an eternity trying to match up the colors on one side.

OR

They give up after 2 turns. Then demand I solve it.

Last edited:

ljacob332

Oh yeah there's this rich kid in my class who can't solve one side of the cube who has an aolong v2 AND a congs design meiying, both lubed with lubix. What does he do with them? Ask me to solve it, or take it apart and put it back together

cubeguy2004

WCA
2014MINA01
they start trying to solve 1 side

they say "i solved 5 sides before"

go "WOAH IS THAT A 10 BY 10!!!"

they twist corners

they say "WOW UR CUBE IS SO SMOOTH"

when they scramble it for u, they think the more t

Joel2274

actually happened a few minutes ago. a friend takes my cube, and just does a bunch of m slices so the corners dont go out of place then claims he is a genius when he gets them back together.

brunovervoort

WCA
2011VERV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whenever I'm asked to solve a cube in front of a group, I let one of them scramble it, so then at least they won't say I'm 'cheating' because I scrambled it myself. But they always scramble it with only 10 moves or so, which makes the solve incredibly boring for me :p