• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Want to design a music cube

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I teach private violin lessons and I’m thinking of designing a cube that can somehow be used to mixup and make patterns or notes for students (Like rolling dice or flash cards) for either rhythm, improvisation, or testing. The problem is when you scramble a cube since certian things will be turned if I had notes they would not all be facing the same way and would not really work (At least well) to make randomized rhythms. Thoughts…?

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
What if you put the names of the notes on the stickers (A, B, C etc.) rather than the notes themselves?
I guess that would be easier to read than the notes themselves once the pieces are misoriented. You could always transcribe into notation afterwards?

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Just put the cube in some key, then scatter notes from a scale on all stickers. Scramble it and it'll give you some terrible riffs. If you use something like the pentatonic scale you might even get some tolerable riffs out of it, since the intervals wouldn't be too extreme

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just put the cube in some key, then scatter notes from a scale on all stickers. Scramble it and it'll give you some terrible riffs. If you use something like the pentatonic scale you might even get some tolerable riffs out of it, since the intervals wouldn't be too extreme

I didn't even think of just using pentatonic.. that would make it a bit better.