• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Athens Fall 2015 -- October 24th 2015, Athens GA

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
AND WE ARE FULL.

A very limited number of walkins will be available at registration. See everyone there!

Last edited:

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
#bandwagon
2x2: Pls, no explosions
3x3: Pls, no sup-30s
4x4: Sub-1:30 avg
5x5: PB single so that I can make cutoff ;-;
Pyra: Podium? :D
Mega: Pls, make cutoff
Skubble: Get a notfail avg
OH: Make cutoff, it's not that hard, especially when I'm motivated

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
PICKEMS HAVE CLOSED
PM me if you still want to enter.
Athens Fall 2015 Podiums Pick 'Em
So yeah. You get to choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each event (including tentatives) along with 2 honorable mentions (4th and 5th).
You ALSO get to predict which 12 competitors will make it to 3x3 finals. I'm too cheap to give out prizes, but here are the rules:
For every 1st place you get right, you get 5 points.
For every 2nd place you get right, you get 4 points.
For every 3rd place you get right, you get 3 points.
For every podium you get right but in the wrong place, you get 1 point.
For every honorable mention that gets 4th or 5th, you get 1 point.
For every honorable mention that gets into podiums, you lose 2 points.
For every finalist you get right, you get 1 point.
Sorry for double post btw

Last edited:

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://goo.gl/forms/HcLXh329a7
Athens Fall 2015 Podiums Pick 'Em
So yeah. You get to choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each event (including tentatives) along with 2 honorable mentions (4th and 5th).
You ALSO get to predict which 12 competitors will make it to 3x3 finals. I'm too cheap to give out prizes, but here are the rules:
For every 1st place you get right, you get 5 points.
For every 2nd place you get right, you get 4 points.
For every 3rd place you get right, you get 3 points.
For every honorable mention that gets 4th or 5th, you get 1 point.
For every honorable mention that gets into podiums, you lose 2 points.
For every finalist you get right, you get 1 point.
Sorry for double post btw

You know that Corey does this for every competition in the USA by the week of the competition, right?

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@YouCubing These always seem so trivial to me bc of the psych sheet and we know who all is participating in an event. Which also makes me curious as to how people do with the tentative events.

Areas that have a lot of long-time cubers have a lot of people that don't practice in an event anymore, so psych sheets don't necessarily reflect the current skill level.

Also, tentative events: http://www.cubingusa.com/AthensFall2015/psych.php?e=pyra
http://www.cubingusa.com/AthensFall2015/psych.php?e=mega

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@YouCubing These always seem so trivial to me bc of the psych sheet and we know who all is participating in an event. Which also makes me curious as to how people do with the tentative events.
It would be easy to just put what the psych sheet says, but a few of these events have podiums with very close times (Pyraminx 1-4 are within less than a second of each other). This would be where it would take good guessing/predicting to get an accurate podium, because I think these could go any way. Also, people who have not completed in an event yet are not represented on the psych sheet, but may go on to take the podium.

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01

DesmondC

WCA
2015CARM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you let me know if anyone drops out? I'd really like to compete. I've only done one so far and made the 2x2 cutoff.

If anyone was at the Atlanta open, I was the little kid. :cool: I was the only 6 year old there.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Can you let me know if anyone drops out? I'd really like to compete. I've only done one so far and made the 2x2 cutoff.

If anyone was at the Atlanta open, I was the little kid. :cool: I was the only 6 year old there.

My dad might not be going, but he probably will. I'll keep you updated.