• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KCubing 2015 November 7th 2015

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm very happy to announce the first competition in Kansas City since 2009, KCubing 2015! There is a 75 competitor limit so sign up sooner than later!

Date and location
The competition will be held at the First Baptist Raytown church on November 7th.

Events
2x2
3x3
4x4
OH
BLD
Pyraminx
Skewb

Tentative event
5x5.

And I'll save you some time Aussie, unfortunately there will not be 6x6 :( (But we will still let you come!)

Comp site/registration
CubingUSA: http://www.cubingusa.com/KCubing2015/

WCA page
https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=KansasCityCubing2015

Sponsor/Prizes
Thank you to TheCubicle.us for sponsoring this comp! The prizes they are supplying us with are as follows.

$25 Gift Card for 3x3 1st place, $15 Gift Card for 3x3 2nd place, $10 Gift Card for 3x3 3rd place, and a $10 Gift Card for 1st place in all other events.

Special thanks to Shaden Smith for stepping me through organizing my first comp, and coming down to be the delegate.

Last edited:

qaz

WCA
2013BROW04
I should be there! I just started school at KU in Lawrence though, and don't have a car, so if anyone would be willing to give me a ride I'd be forever in your debt. I'd be willing to compensate for gas money too. PM me if you'd be willing to help...

2x2: sub-3.8
3x3: sub-11
4x4: sub-45
OH: sub-24
BLD: get a mean
skewb: sub-6
pyra: idc
(5x5: sub-1:30)

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I should be there! I just started school at KU in Lawrence though, and don't have a car, so if anyone would be willing to give me a ride I'd be forever in your debt. I'd be willing to compensate for gas money too. PM me if you'd be willing to help...

I would talk to Zach (shadowkiller168) He lives out in Lawrence.
Wow, someone organizing after attending just one competition. Impressive! Hope it does well.

So do I :p

When ever any one says "Can someone organize a comp at x location" The response is (as it should be) Yes! You! So I did.

WCA
2013BARK01
ooh goals are fun
these are more like where I want to be at by the competition and are not where I'm at now.
3x3: sub 12 average, sub 10.5 single (maybe 10? :D), finals, top 5 (lol idk)
2x2: sub 4 average, sub 3 single, finals, top 8 (reasonable)
4x4: sub 1:08 average, sub 1 single, meh top n-1 where n is number of competitors in 4x4
5x5: have it as an event by not getting lots of 9:59.99 singles on things, don't really care that much but sub 2:30 average would be nice
Pyra: sub 9 average, sub 7 single, meh don't care
Skewb: seriously don't care maybe sub 15 average :p
OH: meh sub 45

WCA
2013BARK01
ooh ooh only 55 days
fun fact 55 is a number
also fun fact I'm gonna get the wr average and single in every event
except for 2-5, pyra, skewb, oh, and bld though :(
but yeah this will be fun I can't wait
I may just have to make a head to head for you two :p

edit: please do I want to beat him head to head for at least one of my solves
it will fulfill my life goal
edit 2: uhh pryge what would you project your 3x3 avg to be by the competition? Just wondering... :p
edit 3: I registered but I can't pay yet because I just bought a whole bunch of guanlongs and stuff from thecubicle
edit 4: I passed 500 posts and didn't notice someone remind me when I'm near 1000
edit 5: Can I please be king of edits?

Last edited:

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Couple of things. First, if you have signed up but have not paid, your registration is not complete so please try to pay sooner than later. Second, I need the money for the venue by the 7th of October at the latest. We are about half way to that point. So if you are planning on coming but have not signed up yet, I would appreciate if you would sign up sooner than later.

WCA
2013BARK01
Couple of things. First, if you have signed up but have not paid, your registration is not complete so please try to pay sooner than later. Second, I need the money for the venue by the 7th of October at the latest. We are about half way to that point. So if you are planning on coming but have not signed up yet, I would appreciate if you would sign up sooner than later.
I will do dat
btw can we have potato as an unofficial event?