• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 35 - 43 second sample solves

Jason Green

WCA
2016GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My first video I shared was when I was averaging around 57-59 seconds. I'm averaging about 42 seconds now so wanted to post a few more.

My plan is once I average under 30 I will work on learning the full OLL. I am doing 2 look OLL and full PLL now.

Any tips other than quit taking so long to make my next move?! [emoji12]

https://youtu.be/xHbyKzFCH2Y

https://youtu.be/rDLmTZycLGg

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool, Keep it up, you're doing well. You may not need to hold off on Learning OLL, some people think it's scary to start and keep putting it off... while you could just learn one or two cases just to get started. Like learn the T cases, there are only two, you will already know one and the other is super easy. then say the two Square cases (they're super easy) and their inverses... then you're like a quarter of the way there already.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great to see another older cuber. I love the commentary from your wife. :)

- Try to plan your whole cross or at the very least the first 3 pieces. Do not worry how long it takes as it will improve with practice. You will naturally get faster and under the official inspection time of 15s.
- Try to minimise pauses during F2L. Once you know how to solve the current F2L pair do not look at the pieces you are solving. Look for the next corner/edge pair whilst you are inserting the current F2L pair. You need to turn slowly enough so you can see the pieces whilst they are moving around. This is what the phrase "go slow and look ahead" means.
- 2-look OLL and 1-look PLL are fine at your current speed. Watch some videos about finger tricking the PLLs and just drill them while watching TV.

Cross and F2L are where the major gains can be found. It's just a matter of practice to improve in those areas.

A number of the older cubers hang out on the thread "Hi, Marcel from Holland here" which covers our journey from beginners to sub-20. :)