• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] Failing a sub-10 average by a +2 (cross on left)

BboyArchon

WCA
2010OREL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question. We have the following regulation:

A6g) The judge determines whether the puzzle is solved. They must not make moves or align faces when examining the puzzle. Exception: For Clock, the judge will usually need to pick up the puzzle to verify both faces.

But, can they touch or pick the cube in an event other than clock? I thought the judge mustn't do that. The layer may move in the process

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

A6g) The judge determines whether the puzzle is solved. They must not make moves or align faces when examining the puzzle. Exception: For Clock, the judge will usually need to pick up the puzzle to verify both faces.

But, can they touch or pick the cube in an event other than clock? I thought the judge mustn't do that. The layer may move in the process

I didn't think so.

BboyArchon

WCA
2010OREL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't think so a month ago, but in The North Glorious I was told the opposite. A newbie was judging and he picked up a cube that was at exactly 45º degrees (a debatable +2). After that he was told "Not to do that again, that if he touches the cube no penalties could be applied. In case of doubt always call a delegate but never touch the cube." Can anyone clarify this? I'm confused...

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't think so a month ago, but in The North Glorious I was told the opposite. A newbie was judging and he picked up a cube that was at exactly 45º degrees (a debatable +2). After that he was told "Not to do that again, that if he touches the cube no penalties could be applied. In case of doubt always call a delegate but never touch the cube." Can anyone clarify this? I'm confused...

the regs say dont touch it unless its a clock. so dont ****ing touch it unless its a clock. is that clear???? lol im mean xD

Musicalboy2

WCA
2012CHOW03
YouTube
Visit Channel

But the judge didn't pick up the cube. Kris (the delegate) did, to take a closer look. From the video it seems possible he moved it slightly, but I'm not really sure.